Arizona-Tucson
Options

Booking the venue

I was just wondering how far in advance everyone booked their venue. I've been looking around at some of the other forums and some people are saying they booked over a year in advanced because they book up so quickly. I was just wondering if it was the same in Tucson. My fiance and I aren't getting married unitl March 2013. We are throwing around ideas, but didn't really want to start the serious planning yet.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Booking the venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on the date you want. If it's a unique date like 9.10.11 or a holiday weekend, they might book pretty fast.  We are getting married 11.25.11 and we booked in February 2011. We looked at multiple places and they weren't booked yet. I'd say a year in advance you guys should be okay :)
    Hope this helps!
  • Options
    Tina515Tina515 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked mine about 1 year in advance. Because of the season (fall) and it's kind of a holiday weekend, plus a unique date (veteran's day, 11-12-11) a lot of places were filling up fast.

I say it depends on when you're looking to book. That will determine how far in advance they fill up
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked ours 8 months out, and didn't feel too much pressure. There are a few venues that book up faster than others, but if you do your homework you won't find that those are better than others. Find a place you love, and don't stress about booking it until then. Everything else will fall into place.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    MrsDrobieMrsDrobie member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked my venue a year in advance and I wasn't even able to get the date I wanted. I had to move it up a week. I booked an April wedding and that one is a busy wedding month in Tucson beacause of the nice weather. I think it just depends on the time of the year you want. March may book fast, but I think you shoud be fine with a year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards