Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Good morning!

If you ended up in this universe, hi!  I already alerted the Knot Gods of the latest TK IT issue.  I can't promise that anything will be done to fix it or how long it'll take for things to improve.  Sorry.

Re: Good morning!

• Options
    Morning!  Poor Mica.  You shouldn't still have to be the go between for the IT idiocy.

My cousin just had her baby this morning!  Girl named Lily.  Her H is over the moon and blowing up FB with pictures, it's just so cute.  It's my mom's birthday too so I'm heading over there tonight.  Other than that, it's just going to be another busy day.

Cfas, I just noticed the "Darth Queen of Irony" in your sig, and it made me laugh.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    I'm hungry on your behalf, cfas.  I hate fasting blood tests because knowing that I can't eat makes my stomach growl.

Yay for the newest addition to your family, Bay!

I have another crazy day.  Phone conference this morning, meeting with the CEO of my office building, try to get another lecture done, then half of a clinic that I need to leave early to give a talk in the mid-afternoon.  And it's supposed to rain today.  Blergh.
  • Options
    Morning everyone. Cfaz I hate blood work. Bay I love the name Lily, that's so exciting! I'm probably going to go to the beach for a bit today, not for long though because I might sweat to death.
  • Options
    cfas, I alternate between wanting a baby and not wanting a baby.  They are awfully cute, but I have a hard time wrapping my head around all the demands of a small child.  And work is crazier than ever, but I love it, so I don't want to give it up.
  • Options
    Morning all. hope all have good days.

cfas,  you got it, it does come in cycles, and eventually the anti-baby thoughts are but just fleeting moments.  I am finally here. 
  • Options
    Bay, I have a niece named Lilly, I love that name.  Good times for that family.
  • Options
    Good morning!

cfas - sorry about the bloodwork. I always have my coffee in the car waiting for me when I have to do fasting tests. I HATE those.

Bay - yay for new babies!  I'm especially fond of the name Lilly as it is my oldest DGD's name and she is a very sweet girl.

Would like to get down to DD #1's today but it isn't looking good.  DGD Josie gets 2 mini lop bunnies today for her bday present (early).  She is going to be joining 4H with them.  They will be named Oreo and Ginger.  We live just down the road from each other but it is a state highway so it is over an hour to get there.

Today my DS is 17.  Not at all sure how in the helll that happened but it did.  We celebrated last week in KY when I went to Fort Knox.  We took him to a shooting range and let him try out some rifles he talks about.  For the small amount of experience he has had he is a pretty good shot.  He wants steak for dinner.
  • Options
    kmmssg, they sure grow up super fast.  I know all I did was blink and they were big.  Looking forward to some time with them in a week or so. 
  • Options
    Morning!

I stayed up till almost 1 am last night - wow! I'm in bed by 10 usually.

I think I bit my tongue in my sleep - it kills.

I'm going to leave work early to come home & clean - I need to clean before we go camping on Friday - I feel like I am always cleaning yet there is ALWAYS a mess. 

522805_10151186959893168_80368830_n_zps80e4c057
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, all!  She's super-cute.  I can't wait to meet her.

Ks, yeah time flies!  Happy Birthday to your DS!

• Options
    Congrats Bay. I had to go check my fb feed because my friend is having a baby named Lily any day now and they are originally more from your area. I'm disappointed it's not the same Lily.

I have to go to the dentist today. I'm not excited. Hopefully they will be on time so I can do fun, exciting things like get my oil changed before going in to work this afternoon. I still need shoes for the wedding I'm going to next Saturday.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I also hate fasting blood tests. I always schedule them first thing in the morning because I'm a hungry girl and can't wait that late. I'll get dizzy and shaky.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-251?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:083eb5d2-6382-46b7-8856-74d7abc5dd87Post:bbc4b328-d015-4342-a4b7-7dc9761ba48e">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Come on people... get chatty. I need my mind distracted from my growling stomach. So, here's a story -- A couple of days ago, I noticed a pretty hefty charged on H and I's credit card. Almost $4000. It was still 'pending', so I thought the number might just be off. I asked H about it, and he had no idea what the charge was for. Called American Express. Turns out someone bought tickets to Amsterdam with our card. So, yeah. They are taking care of it, but I was kinda like, <strong>"Man... I wanna go to Amsterdam."</strong>
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

That would be my reaction as well. Too bad its impossibile to change the names on tickets.

Anyway, good morning people! I am finally waking up at normal adult times again even though I don't have a job.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Morning.  I need lasik.  My contacts are driving me batty.  I hate wearing my glasses during the day.  It's definitely officially summer.  The grass seems like it needs to be cut practically every other day.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options
    Petal, that would have been funny!

Cfas, I'm with Eagles.  If I ever saw a $4,000 charge on my card I think I'd have a heart attack.

• Options
    Cfas, do you get rewards on that card or anything? That would be a silver lining, if you got a couple thousand airline miles for your trouble.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Good Morning!

It's horribly hot here.  I'm going to try to avoid going outside if I don't have to.  I had a freakin' contact rip in my eye this morning, so I'm wearing my glasses, but my eye stings.  Driving to work was not so much fun, and probably not all that safe.

We're having dinner at FMIL's tonight, so that should be nice, I won't have to worry about cooking or anything like that.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Good Morning!

I feel sorry for you guys up north, it's supposed to be hot as blazes up there.

I'm at work, drinking my coffee, and wondering what I need to work on first.
  • Options
    Just curious, but how hot is this horrible heat you all speak of? What is hot to you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hahahaha, Petal.  It's going to hit 100 here today.  I know that's small potatoes to Floridians, but up here it's ridiculously hot and humid.

• Options
    Ugh.  I had to get into work early this morning for a conference call with a patient's family.  The family never called.  I could have slept in.  Grr.

Adamar -- I'm waiting to hear back from Nicki about whether or not she's coming up to Tampa for dinner, but of course you are invited!
  • Options
    It's only going to be 90 here today! Looks like I made the right move in coming to Florida.

But I'm like Petal, I always wonder what people mean when they talk about how hot it is. I'm the one who starts complaining about how cold it is when it gets under 50 so I am definitely a baby in that regard.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Bay -- 100F is hot to us (central Gulf) Floridians.  At the hottest, it's usually in the 90s but with ridiculous humidity.  I'd probably actually melt if it were in the 100s with FL humidity.
  • Options
    Yeah, it actually doesn't get above 100 very often here. I think 95 is where it starts to get unbearable.

But even though the high today is not that high we are already at 73% humidity.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-251?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:083eb5d2-6382-46b7-8856-74d7abc5dd87Post:f0c85141-166e-4930-aff4-c0635299cabc">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Petal, according to my handy dandy Weather Channel app, we'll hit 97 today.  Yesterday when I left work I checked it and it said "95, feels like 100" and that was at 7 p.m.  <strong>Not as bad as the heat wave last year where it was over 100, but still tough.</strong> 
    Posted by EaglesBride2012[/QUOTE]
    Uggggghhhhhh.  That was the worst.  It was like 105 during the day and 95 after the sun set.  You couldn't even step outside without instantly melting.

ETA: Mica, that is why I could never live in Florida, as beautiful as it is and as much as I love to visit (my grandparents live there).  The humidity would kill me.  Heat I can handle (mostly), but not the humidity.

• Options
    Cfas, is 30% humidity high there?  It's supposed to be 84% here today :)
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Options

Yah, no that's hot. I'm sorry guys.

Like Mica said, it usually stays in the 90s. The good thing about Florida is we are prepared with good AC systems.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Petal, the few remaining schools in CT that are still open are closed or have half-days today.  Almost none of them have A/C because we rarely need it during the school year.

• Options
    You know when you are on a nice cool airplane for a few hours, and then you get off in say, Florida in July and hit that wave of heat that might make you all over backwards? That's what it feels like to me. I walk outside and boom it hits me. Out of a store, it hits me.
  • Options

What's bad is that we are supposed to take the kids outside at 2:00 for 30 minutes of recess. Once it hits July, they start just sitting in the shade with us and asking to go inside.

I hate humidity. I walk from my car into a store and my clothes feel all damp and gross. Blah.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards