Snarky Brides

When did you panic? Wedding Nightmares?

It's 95 days until my wedding! I had a mini-panic episode at 6 months. At 100 days, I just got hit with this wave of panic. My wedding nightmares have focused around us forgetting to do something (get wedding bands, make programs, etc.). 

In one of the dreams, we were waiting for a musical to finish in our church. It looked like Thriller meets Rocky Horror. And for whatever reason, my hair was a mustard yellow color with obvious and atrocious dark brown roots. 

When did you panic?

Worst wedding nightmare?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When did you panic? Wedding Nightmares?

• How are you panicking 95 days out?  That's over three months away, sheesh.  Relax.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-panic-wedding-nightmares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:764ab3cf-83a4-41ad-a662-dcd7d0a56ad9Post:e4f46ab8-aae2-4630-9dd8-993c8ae7ce1d">When did you panic? Wedding Nightmares?</a>:
    [QUOTE]. <strong>It looked like Thriller meets Rocky Horror</strong>. Posted by HeatherMKR[/QUOTE]

This actually sounds like my dream wedding. Zombies and Dr. Frank-N-Furter, yes please!!

I had one or two wedding nightmares about 6 months out, but as we got closer and I got more and more stuff squared-away, the nightmares subsided. I was actually pretty calm throughout planning, even with little last minute changes (I had two BMs and a GM drop out less than a month from the wedding, etc).
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I'm still having wedding nightmares, over 5 months later.

I don't know if this will help you, but my wedding went fine, regardless of all the crazy dreams I had.
  • I don't think I ever panicked.

I had two fun wedding dreams.  In one, it was day-of and I didn't have a dress.  I was content to get married in my favorite jeans and t-shirt, but my bridesmaids insisted I buy a dress RIGHTNOW.

In the other, we forgot to send invitations, so we stood at the main intersection of town and passed out fliers.  I kept saying "we're inviting all the same people anyway"

• Yeah, I never had a panic about the wedding, really. Mostly because I did pretty little in terms of detail planning, so there wasn't much that could go wrong.

I did have one (very mild) nightmare about my dress not getting done in time. Turned out that concern was justified, as the person that made my dress kinda screwed up and I didn't have a dress that fit until 3 days before the wedding.
  • The two wedding nightmares I can remember were:

1) Everything was opposite, like Bizarro World. Our wedding took place outside (instead of in the church), I was wearing a silky nightgown type dress (as opposed to the lace/chiffon dress I really wore), my FI was missing, and the cake that got delivered was a bunch of brown chocolate sheet cakes with clowns and balloons on them that were supposed to have gone to some kid's birthday.

2) Everything went off perfectly, except the man at the altar was my exH. I got halfway down the aisle, hitched up the skirt on my dress and ran like hell outta there.

25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • I guess I should've clarified that I meant for this post to be light-hearted. I'm not freaking out per se. We just have a lot going on between now and the wedding, besides wedding plans. His company is moving from Cincinnati to Charlotte, NC. We won't move before the wedding so he's looking for another job in Cincy so we don't have to move. Our families are frazzled over our showers, because some of the things we planned on doing (getting new kitchen appliances), we can't necessarily do until we know if we're moving or not. 

I know that we'll get everything done between now and the wedding. I can't even begin to explain how awesome my MOHs are with offering to help.

I was curious to see what everyone's wedding dreams were.

Another dream: We were at my parents house before the wedding, and I realize that we forgot to buy wedding bands. So (in my dress) I find my fiance and tell him the situation. He hands me a check for $250 to get cheap bands for now and we'll get nicer ones later. Cool. I'm in my parents driveway, in my dress, and realize I don't have a car.I'm searching for one of my MOHs to help me, and the entire wedding party including my fiance were playing cornhole in the field next to the house. 

:)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not really panicked, but I have been having some crazy wedding dreams lately. Last night I dreamed that I forgot to book my hair and makeup artist and had to walk down the aisle with soaking wet hair and a naked face!

Anniversary
  • I didn't panic so much as have a really short and irrational fuse one day (I cried horribly for, like, an hour over something kinda small, but still a big deal - this was three days before the wedding).

Once we landed in Bermuda, I was quite calm until the night before the wedding.  I was really nervous and quiet that night. 

The next day?  Bam.  I was SO HAPPY.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_did-panic-wedding-nightmares?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:764ab3cf-83a4-41ad-a662-dcd7d0a56ad9Post:1155c204-d77b-472f-bdda-0fd5eef30040">Re: When did you panic? Wedding Nightmares?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to When did you panic? Wedding Nightmares? :<strong> This actually sounds like my dream wedding. Zombies and Dr. Frank-N-Furter, yes please!!</strong> I had one or two wedding nightmares about 6 months out, but as we got closer and I got more and more stuff squared-away, the nightmares subsided. I was actually pretty calm throughout planning, even with little last minute changes (I had two BMs and a GM drop out less than a month from the wedding, etc).
    Posted by mehgank[/QUOTE]

A good friend of mine had a similar wedding this past Halloween. Needless to say, it was freakin amazing! I was a bit jealous.

OP, I freaked 5 days prior, because the forcast said it was going to rain that day. I got over it after about 15 minutes of crying. Stop freaking out, everything will be fine.
  • I had tons of wedding nightmares, starting about 4 months out and lasted until we got married.
    In them I was always marrying someone else and so upset over it because I didn't want to marry someone else, the someone elses ranged from old boyfriends to friends to coworkers ect.
    I blame a lot of that on the heavy duty pain killers I was on as well.
  • I'm not really a crazy person when it comes to all of this wedding stuff however I have had one dream.  I wouldn't call it a nightmare because in hindsight it is pretty friggin hilarious.  

I dreamt that on our wedding day the only people that showed up was my MOH, our parents, and FI and maybe 2 of his groomsmen.  We told everyone else including the officiant and the venue the wrong date!  In the dream the venue was trying to accommodate the under 20 of us for a meal using card tables or something ridiculous.  
  • I know I've had wedding related dreams but none of them have been very memorable, so I can't think of an example!

I'm sure it's just my brain trying to work out details in my down time :)
  • I'm at 115 days away and I'm already having little nightmares...Hopefully they don't get worse! Mine are about forgetting to get small things like guestbooks, cake cutters, champagne flutes for my FI and I...etc. Things like that. If I do dream about it, I make sure to write it down on my "Small things to remember" list as soon as I wake up. lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's just a jump to the left...... I'm actually calm and technically 25 days away. I can't wait to be married! My dad is driving me nuts though
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I never find myself having dreams about wedding details going wrong. However, I have even worse dreams about marrying someone else - everyone from ex boyfriends to Alec Baldwin (a young Alec Baldwin; not that bad ;) ) I used to freak out about it and worry about it meaning something deeper, but soon realized that I have nothing to worry about. I want to marry my man, even if Alec Baldwin is dreamy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards