Pre-wedding Parties

TY Cards as Shower gift

Good Morning, Everyone,

I received some beautiful Thank You Cards as part of a gift basket for my shower.  I know we are not supposed to use shower/wedding gifts until after the wedding.  Is this an exception to that rule?  Or should I hold off and use these cards for the wedding gift thank you notes?

Thanks!
TTC#1 since October 2012
BFP#1 EDD 9/19/13, M/C at 9wk6dy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: TY Cards as Shower gift

• egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    There really isn't any exception to this rule (even with a check, you cash it, but separate the money so it doesn't get spent).  I would hold off and use them as thank yous for your wedding gifts.
  • Thanks!  Will do!
    TTC#1 since October 2012
  • SKPMSKPM member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    At my shower, the host (one of my BMs) gave me thank-you notes that matched the invitations she had used for the shower. She gave them to me on the side, not wrapped as a gift that I unwrapped in front of everyone. I went ahead and used them, since I was using our wedding TY notes for wedding gifts and I felt weird sending duplicate TY notes to some people. I think (hope) that it's okay when it's not a formal "gift" and they're meant to coordinate with the shower invitations.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • I think this does fit the exception becasue they were given to you so you could do thank you notes for the bridal shower.
    Anniversary
  • I also recieved thank you notes at my shower matching the shower invite and I am using them for my thank yous.  I think it is fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great, thank you all!
    TTC#1 since October 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards