Kentucky-Louisville
Options

Outdoor garden/historic home

Hey girls ! i have been looking for  a reception venue with a garden/historic house. i loved Whitehall but it is just too pricey by the time i bring in a tent. WHere else can i look? we are thinking around 150-175 people and would love to keep the costs as minimal as possible. Im willing to go a bit outside of the city but not too far! I have been overwhelmed by all the venues and especially the costs! Any idea would be much appreciated! 

Re: Outdoor garden/historic home

• Options
    Locust Grove is a historical house that might fit your needs. Ginger woods has a gorgeous outdoor setting for a ceremony. I'm getting married in the gardens of The Marcus Lindsey which is an old 100 year old building that has been beautifully restored. Hope this helps. Happy planning!
  • Options
    Riverside (Farnsley-Moorman landing) is a city-owned property, so the rates are very reasonable. They have lovely grounds and a beautiful home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options

The Olmstead

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yewdell in Oldham County. Gorgeous!
  • Options

Check the Nunnlea house

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_outdoor-gardenhistoric-home?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:1d3b6beb-21b5-44c2-98cd-58f1c43c35dbPost:b3cbde3e-1803-47f4-ab03-bd764ea9eeff">Re: Outdoor garden/historic home</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yewdell in Oldham County. Gorgeous!
    Posted by lac1583[/QUOTE]

OMG the rental fee is over 4 grand!
  • Options
    Yeah, Yewdell is beautiful, but outrageously priced. I second Nunnlea but you may have to reduce your guest list.
    I got married at Gignerwoods. Very beautiful but the owner is not the most personable and they nickel and dime you on the contract which really got on my nerves. The assigned coordinator that stayed during our wedding also sucked - disappeared for a quarter of our reception and trash cans were overflowing, bartender left to look for her, etc... 
    The grounds and the building were quite pretty though and everyone complimented how beautiful it was. Plenty of space for our 120 people and a dance floor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help ladies! I have decided on the olmstead in October! ! I fell in love the moment I walked in! Now to the rest of the checklist!
  • Options
    Wow The Olmstead is pretty! Bit Spendy but you only marry once. We are doing october as well. I will need to check this out asap!
    Wedding Countdown TickerVisit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards