South Asian Weddings

Hair Stylist/ Makeup Artist NJ

Hello all,

I'm getting married in Jersey City and wanted to ask for advice on a good hair stylist and makeup artist in Northern Jersey.  If the person is also able to wrap saris well, that would be the icing on the cake.

Thanks!

Re: Hair Stylist/ Makeup Artist NJ

• HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also post this on your local board to get more responses regarding the make up and hair but probably not enough responses on the sari though on that board. 
  • edited December 2011
    I always recommend Punam Seethi.  www.perfectbridallooks.com. She does it all and she is definitely cheaper than Nina Doshi and she was quite punctual.
  • dmankikardmankikar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I went to the Bridal show in Edison last weekend and talked with Munira Mehta. I'm going to do a trial with her soon.

I also LOVED KC Makeup's looks as they are super modern, but their prices were waaay beyond what I thought reasonable.

Also, Aisha Khan had really good style and presented at that expo.
  • Bride212Bride212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have attended many bridal expos including the Dulhan Elite Expo last Sunday.  I have heard a lot about KC Makeup and was really excited to see her at the show. 

I had a trial with her yesterday and thought her hair and makeup services were OUTSTANDING!  She really understood my style and how to translate that look for my wedding.  I found her prices to be comparable with the other South Asian Makeup artists but the quality of her work and products she used were at a different caliber.  I strongly suggest that you check her out before making a final decision.  Her website is www.kc-makeup.com
  • edited December 2011

Hi,

I would recommend thepaletteforyou.com. The artist's work is fresh, modern and really good. Her prices are also comparatively reasonable. You can also find and join her on facebook.com / the palette.

hope it helps. good luck!

• edited December 2011
    I would highly recommend Sushmita Patel from studiosush.com.  Her work is amazing and she does take exceptional care of her clients. very punctual, and very dependable.. I wuld highly recommend her..
  • munira mehtamunira mehta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CHECK WWW.MUNIRAMEHTA.COM FOR THE MOST PROMISING MAKEUP. VERY REASONABLLY PRICED AND VERY PUNCTUAL. YOU COULD ALSO SEE THE FACEBOOK PAGE BEAUTIFUL BRIDE LLC OR MAKEUP BY MUNIRA MEHTA
  • just passing this information on to future brides looking for Sari Wrapping / Sari Draping services.... If you're looking for someone to just wrap saris for yourself and the bridal party, check out <a href="http://sariwrapartistry.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://sariwrapartistry.blogspot.com/</a>

Congratulations and Good Luck!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_hair-stylist-makeup-artist-nj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:b7da0bd3-dd77-4130-a6e7-c75a2257ae72Post:16a489e0-bcf8-4e96-91ef-dcf43aa1e54b">Hair Stylist/ Makeup Artist NJ</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello all, I'm getting married in Jersey City and wanted to ask for advice on a good hair stylist and makeup artist in Northern Jersey.  If the person is also able to wrap saris well, that would be the icing on the cake. Thanks!
    Posted by dmankikar[/QUOTE]
  • try arianna seth. I got my makeup and hair done by her and her team is great. Always 2 people for every occasion and she is super sweet always punctual and her makeup quality is phenomenal. check out her website ariannaseth.com I think
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards