Rhode Island

Ana's Venting - Veil Issue! Sorry, kinda long.

Hi ladies,
I just need to vent for a second. I ordered my dress, veil, BM dresses, and MOB dress all from Ana's. I've had lots of not-so-little issues along the way with Ana's, but everything's been working itself out along the way, so I've been ok about it. Not thrilled, but ok. Until last night....
I drove up there from Newport with my mom to pick up my veil for my hair trial on Friday. We ordered my dress and veil back in Feb but the veil didn't come in until last week, and our wedding is 10/9. So we get up there and the girl goes in the back, and brings back a bag with my name on it. Only, it isn't my veil AT ALL! I ordered a fingertip, ivory veil with half inch satin ribbon on the edge. The one they ordered is diamond white with a cheap-looking eighth-inch ribbon along the edge. That was it, I'd had it. I got a little testy with them and explained it was the wrong color and the wrong veil. So the girl wanders around for 5 minutes before finding my receipt and calls Ana over. They conference and determine that it is indeed the wrong veil. Ana says she'll order the new one and it'll be here in time, but if the last one took 7 months to come in, how does she expect this one to be in on time?! My wedding is in less than 20 days! I'm wondering if I need to find a Plan B! A part of me expects that they somehow compensate me for this total disregard for what I ordered, but they didn't offer anything and I haven't brought it up, yet.
I'm sorry to vent and be so lengthy, but I'm really upset. This is kind of a big mistake. I mean, it's their job to do this stuff right. If I were to do something this big incorrectly at work, I'd probably be fired or put on some kind of mandatory training or something. Just saying.
I will say, though, they let me take the wrong veil so that I can at least have some kind of visual during my hair trial. And they were nice about it. Unbelievable...
We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary

Re: Ana's Venting - Veil Issue! Sorry, kinda long.

• jamlyn02jamlyn02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a not so great experience with them also, I will never go back there or do any kind of business with them again. I can't believe that happened to you with only 20 days till your wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Do they have a seamstress? I found out I wanted a veil like 2 weeks before my wedding and they had no time to order one and the seamstress at Cinderellas made me one that was amazing and she made it in less than a week. Just a thought.....
    Constantly Cooking and loving it! Check out my blog and enjoy! http://aroundthetableri.blogspot.com/ Visit The Nest!
  • courtchacecourtchace member
    edited December 2011
    Thats awful!! This is what scares me because you wait so long to get your dress/veil and if they screw up putting the order in then your out 5 months waiting for the wrong thing. I hope it gets resolved for you.

If you need to go to plan B, you can always check etsy. I always see a ton of gorgeous veils on there and the sellers may be able to do a rush order on one. They probably have more flexibility than the veil designers regarding getting it in on time.

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about the veil debacle. If you need a veil ASAP, etsy.com has reasonably priced handcrafted veils that usually are ready to ship or made within a couple of weeks. I bought one veil off etsy and another one off ebay. Some simple searches I made on Etsy are below but you can find more vendors/seller who specialize in veils on the site. The first seller is someone I purchased a veil from before and she does beautiful quality work. I bought an ivory fingertip lace veil.

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the support ladies!!! I've been living on etsy lately for everything wedding related, so I'll definitely check them out. Thanks for the idea!
    Call me crazy, I just hate to have paid for two veils (without my choosing)! I'd hope, though, that if Ana's doesn't get their act together and in on time they'll reimburse me! If not, I have a friend who works with Susan Hogan at Eye Witness News!! ;-) J/K.... sorta!
    Court - I know EXACTLY what you mean! It's super scary, especially when you have a short turn around. There's really no margin for error.
    Sigh... At least I found out 3 weeks ahead while I still have a prayer of fixing it!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    HATE Ana's bridal. I've had nothing but bad experiences with them, between ordering wrong sizes, blowing me off when I'm there to try and PAY and finally not making the final alterations. I would demand my money back and if they argue that there's no refunds, than argue that there's nothing in the contact about ordering the wrong veil!
    Anniversary
  • kathanddavekathanddave member
    edited December 2011
    I had an issue with my veil which I ordered from Cinderella's and they would not admit they ordered the wrong one. I was so upset having sent them 3 brides who purchased dresses from them as well as all the BM's to include my wedding party.  They just didn't care, they got my money so that was that. Thank god Margaret the seamstress at Cinderella's stepped in and she re-worked the veil so it would resemble my initial order.  If you can contact Margaret at Cinderella's she can work wonders. She was my savior!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards