African American Weddings
Options

Oh No....my E ring...

So I looked down at my E-ring yesterday and noticed one of the diamonds is missing.  Luckily its one of the smaller ones but still.  Thank God we have insurance so I am taking it in to the jeweler today after I get off work, but it doesn't make me feel any better nonetheless.  Especially because I will have to be without it for the next few days while they send it out to be repaired.  Frown

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Oh No....my E ring...

• Options
    island07b2bisland07b2b member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that but I am glad you have the insurance to take care of it and that it wasn't the main stone. And,  I do understand how you feel about being without your ring. 

When I first got it, I thought the fit was ok but over a few days I realized it was too big.  When I took it back to have it sized down, I thought I could just wait while they did that but no.  I had to give my ring up for a few hours.  I was distraught.   When it is time to get my wedding bands, I am told they will have to hold my ring for two months while it is off with the designer for the custom made wedding bands.  You will not be able to talk to me at that time.  LOL!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank goodness for insurance!  Maybe the jewelers will finish the necessary work sooner and you won't have to wait as long Smile.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    133 Invited image 92 Are ready to celebrate! image 24 Are missing out image 17 Can't find the mailbox. image
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    This is why insurance is so important. PS I went to Kmart and bought a fake backup ring for certain situations and it gives the security of never missing the real thing or feeling naked lol
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_oh-nomy-e-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:ba612ba6-8d84-4d9d-ab68-7fae91eab10ePost:20335e3a-08dd-4dd1-8ac7-4490be8d25b7">Re: Oh No....my E ring...</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is why insurance is so important. PS I went to Kmart and bought a fake backup ring for certain situations and it gives the security of never missing the real thing or feeling naked lol
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]

SOOOOO gonna do this!
  • Options
    FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_oh-nomy-e-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:ba612ba6-8d84-4d9d-ab68-7fae91eab10ePost:20335e3a-08dd-4dd1-8ac7-4490be8d25b7">Re: Oh No....my E ring...</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is why insurance is so important. PS I went to Kmart and bought a fake backup ring for certain situations and it gives the security of never missing the real thing or feeling naked lol
    Posted by M1ssJ[/QUOTE]

Very smart thing to do. 
  • Options
    FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Glad you have insurance, so it can be fixed. 
  • Options
    Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the great vibes ladies.  Went straight to the jewelers after work.  She said it would take about 3 weeks...*sigh*.  But on the upside, while she was filling out the paperwork, I tried on some wedding bands and I think I found the one I like.  Now all I have to do is resist the temptation to buy it.  We are planning the wedding for April so I'm trying to hold off on the wedding bands just yet.  Man, those jewelers sure know how to reel me in though.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    shaneikawshaneikaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YES!!! They do try to get you while youre there offering all type of credit and help to get you the ring you want, it's good that you resisted the temptation.  I love the idea about going to kmart to get the back up ring, they sell them at Walmart too, the only problem is my ring is constume made and there is no fake ring that I can just buy to have for back up.  But I LOVED the idea.Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards