Colorado

Colorado Destination Wedding

Hello, ladies!

I am not from Colorado, but my FI and I are considering a Colorado wedding.  We live in Texas, but after vising my future SIL in Colorado Springs for the Fourth, we have fallen in love with the area.  So much that we're probably going to move out here after we're married.

It's still in the idea stages, but we know we would have a small budget, and a small wedding guest list.  We've been considering a November wedding, but we had only picked that because that's when the weather starts to cool down in Texas (sad, right?).  What wedding venues would you recommend in the Colorado Springs area?  We looked at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort, and it's beautiful, but we've only looked online and there isn't anything on there about prices!

I would really appreciate the help!  Thank you!

Re: Colorado Destination Wedding

• edited December 2011
    Hi,

Check the Denver board. They tend to be a little more active.

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I sent you a private message - please reply back if I can connect you with some people I know.

best wishes (-:
  • emrose7788emrose7788 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the Sundance Mountain Lodge in Monument Colorado about 30 min away from the Cheyenne Mountain Resort. It is very affordable and very nice!!! Plus the people are amazing to work with Jordan is the wedding planner for the venue and is amazing!!!

Are you looking for hair and make-up to be done?  I own Crazy Beautiful: Hair & Make-up.

http://www.wix.com/crazybeautifulevent/hair
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Lodge at Cathedral Pines in Black Forest, CO. It's a beautiful lodge and very affordable too. Holds about a100 guests.
  • edited December 2011
    Rocky Mountain Lodge and Cabins is a great B&B that I found.  It's located in Cascade, Co which is about 6 minutes west of Colorado Springs on HWY 24.  I'm in love with this place.  I'll be getting married there in Jan 2012.  It's perfect because it isn't breaking the bank and it will hold our 25 guests perfectly.  I've dealt with both innkeepers through email and they are very nice.  I met Brian when we visited in May to see the lodge and he was very helpful. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hint: In November its likely to be a lot colder and more likely to be very snowy than Texas. But it is Colorado so it could also average 90...

These are our vendors so far. Please bare in mind we havnt got married yet so cant comment about on the day performance but they have so far been phenomenal! 

Beautiful! SOO stunnuning! And off peak prices are not as scary as the peak ones :)

Photographers; Sherri Barber Photography http://www.sherribarber.com/

Sherri and Bill did our engagement photos so far and they were stunning. We had to rearrange a couple of times because of the weather (ggrr) but she was so professional about it and it was SO worth it! 

They're online menu does NOT do them justice. They are willing to create exactly the kind of menu you want, are very creatve and accomodating. And the food is melt in the mouth worthy. SO good!

Feel free to tell any of these guys that Sarah and Codaniel sent you their way :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards