Massachusetts-Boston

blemish

My wedding is 1 week away, and I feel like my face is 1 big break out.  I may have 3 but I never get them.  Any suggestions of products that work quickly.  

Re: blemish

• edited December 2011
    Drink loads of water,  cut out refined sugars and fats, and dab a spot of toothpaste onto the blemish before bed - it may not look very pretty, but there's something in toothpaste which dries out spots. Anti-inflammatory ointments help too. And get yourself a concealor with a green undertone, it counteracts the redness of breakouts.
    Married! "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." - Marilyn Monroe
  • edited December 2011
    Go to your local CVS and buy the Zeno! ITs 39.99 and I hear awesome things about it! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Honestly I would get an appt with a dermatologist and they can give you a shot in your pimples to clear them up. Unfortunally some products might make you have very very dry skin or cause a bad reaction on your face. But toothpaste does work just a little bit but like I highly reccommend is to call your dermatologist. Drink lots lots of water that really helps too.
  • edited December 2011
    Zeno doesn't work, I purchased it. It is no different than a hot compress. Everyone skin is different however this worked for me.

Iodine is an inflammatory and I have done research on it.  If you have too much iodine in your diet it will cause you to have breakouts.  A lot of speculation has been formed from eating greasy foods causes you to have break outs, not true. It is the salt in the greasy foods. Most salt has iodine in it. Especially sea salt. So check the back of the food labels and make sure you get items that do not contain salt. Also milk products, the equipment used to produce milk products usually are cleaned with iodine to kill germs.

Some vitamins contain iodine as well.

A good acne system is nuetrogena for now just to get them under control. But I think if you check the things you eat for now and drink plenty of water you should see them subside. Make sure when you are eating out not to get food that is prepared salty or reach for the table salt.

I hope this helps, have a great wedding day. 

Also if you really feel that bad about them, the photographer can most likely airbrush them away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards