Arizona-Tucson
Options

Alterations?

I bought my dress at a shop in Phoenix that no longer has in-store alterations.  I would like to find a reasonable place to get my dress altered here in Tucson.  I spoke with one shop in town and they wanted to charge $195 to take my dress up (hem).  The dress is mostly tulle so it would simply require cutting with scissors.  Does anyone know of a reasonably priced place to get alterations?

Re: Alterations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A lady I work with suggests a place called Pink Cloud Alteration.  Not sure where they are at price wise, I haven't even purchased a gown yet... Here's a link with their info.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We have used A Tailor & Tuxedo.  Even if you did not purchase through them, they have a wonderful seamstress.  My first daughter"s wedding dress was mangled by someone here in town and we took it to A Tailor & Tuxedo and the lady managed to fix a horrible mess.  We used them for our bridesmaids dresses and also my second daughter's wedding dress and the lady does wonderful work. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Pink Cloud.  They took in my BM's dress for my friends wedding and only charged me $30 when other places wanted $60+
    Lisa and Jared 10.3.10
    Planning Bio(clicky) Updated 10/1/10
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Favorite Wedding Picture
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards