Canada-Ontario
Options

Liuana Gardens?

Hello brides. This is my first post. I'm from BC, but my parents are from Ontario. I'm planning at July 2010 wedding. I fell in  with Liuna Gardens in Stony Creek but do not know anyone who has been there. I'd appreciate any input (positive or negative) for those who have had their wedding at Liuana Gardens, or who attended a wedding there.

Re: Liuana Gardens?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't personally been there, but I have heard that it is very nice (and fairly expensive).
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Both of the Liuna venues are beautiful.  My photog did a wedding there and the shots they got were fantastic.That being said, what pp said about it being expensive is certainly true.  Mind you, if it's in your budget, go for it.My company used to host our Christmas party at Liuna Station, and things always went very smoothly.  Food was good too.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    of the two Liuna properties, I prefer the station personally. I had my high school graduation party at the Gardens. The food was awful (of course, it was prepared for students, so not the same calibre as would be at a wedding). It is a very lovely location though, so my mom and I checked it out in our early planning stages. I was unimpressed with the fact that there could potentally be about 5-6 other brides, and it was very pricey for what they offer (IMO). I have been to the station for a valentines party, and it was absolutely gorgeous. Food was good too. gl! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I fell in love with Liuna Gardens by checking out their site. It seemed perfect for our dream of having a ceremony by the lake. When we actually made it there, the gardens are absolutely gorgeous but we found the banquet hall rundown and tacky looking. We also weren't too excited about the fact that there would be more than one wedding going on at the same time. They assure you that each banquet hall has it's own separate entrance and bathrooms but I don't know...there was something about the logistics of the place that didn't sit well with us. I was impressed with their management though. Everyone I spoke to on the phone and dealt with were very kind.  Unfortunately, it didn't work out for us.

That being said, you MUST go there and check it out for yourself. Don't be swayed by the website and even this review. It is your special day and you need to make sure you are comfortable with the venue and the vibe it emits. It may completely clash with your vision of what you want it to be!

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards