Illinois-Chicago

Help with outdoor ceremony suggestions!

Hi!  My fiance and I really would like an outdoor ceremony that has a very low key, natural vibe.  We are inviting around 280 guests.  Places like Cantigny, Morton Arboretum, and the Chicago Botanic Gardens are all beautiful, but a little pricy.  Anyone out there have any budget conscious suggestions? 

Thanks!

Re: Help with outdoor ceremony suggestions!

• edited December 2011
    If you come a little south you can try: Patrick Haley Mansion Jacob Henry Mansion Chateau Busche Pilcher Park Horticultural Center
  • TEA&CoTEA&Co member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for an all-in-one ceremony/reception venue, or is it just for the ceremony? Arrowhead in Wheaton,  White Pines in Bensenville, Prairie Landing in West Chicago...basically any area golf club would have nice space for an outdoor ceremony, I would imagine. Mayslake Peabody Estate in Oak Brook, Oak Brook Bath and Tennis Club, Danada House in Wheaton (might be pricy to rent the space, but you are able to bring in your own caterer).  Not sure how entirely budget-friendly some of these are, but certainly places to look into.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The venues Love is Bald listed are all in one I Believe. Patrick Haley is really nice.
  • edited December 2011
    what area are you looking in?
  • truthhurtstruthhurts member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boback's in Woodridge
    Peggy Notebart Nature Museum-chgo
    Lincoln Park or Garfield Park Conservatory-chgo
    Meson Sabika in Naperville
    Newberry Library- park across the street (don't know the name)
    Hyatt Lodge McDonald's Campus
    Most Golf/Country Clubs have ceremony sites

It would help if you have an idea of the area you're looking for and if you're interested in ceremony/reception at the same place.
  • edited December 2011
    We looked at the Notebart museum-it was actually the venue I originally really wanted. Beautiful, but the problem is you have to essentially rent the entire museum for the night. I remember the price for a Saturday night wedding was $8000 just for the space, so definitely not budget friendly. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards