Kentucky-Louisville

Looking for a ballroom

Hi!
My fiance and I are looking for a nice ballroom that will hold 150-200 guests for our January 2013 wedding. I love the look of The Gillespie and The Henry Clay in Louisville and Music Hall in Cincinnati, but the problem is that we dont have a very large buget....We would like to spend around $5000 or less on room rental, food, and alcohol (if that is even possible...we are starting to get a llittle discouraged about the options in that price range). Does anybody know of any venues that are beautiful but still buget-friendly? We have family in both the Louisville and Cincinnati areas, so we arent too picky about the location. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Looking for a ballroom

• You could check out anchorage ballroom/Shall we dance. It's pretty inside, I'm not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for, but it's reasonable and you can bring in whatever caterer you want. The Sawyer Hayes community center is pretty, but not a ballroom.
  • Check Crowne Plaza. They have different size ballrooms and they are beautiful and still cost effective.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Look at Wildwood Country Club. They have 3 ballrooms that can be combined into one large room. They are very well priced & have no time restrictions (which I loved!). The room rental includes all tables, chairs, linens, dishes, silverware.... a lot more than a typical room rental. I think the rental is $1000-$1250. It's very simple, but really pretty. They have a lot to choose from in regards to food. So far, the staff have been very helpful. It's located on Bardstown Road - pretty central for the city of Louisville.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky-louisville_looking-ballroom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:608Discussion:a30154c6-3a5d-43f8-96d6-d6ffc6f66943Post:0d6e8f72-ef4c-48db-9ae6-785099a1241b">Re: Looking for a ballroom</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could check out anchorage ballroom/Shall we dance. It's pretty inside, I'm not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for, but it's reasonable and you can bring in whatever caterer you want. The Sawyer Hayes community center is pretty, but not a ballroom.
    Posted by Angelg3737[/QUOTE]
     My friend got married here in May. There is no way you can fit 150-200. She has about 150 but she didn't have a typical reception. There was no room for dancing so they didn't even bother. People were bumping into each other. It was a pretty room but very croweded.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards