Registry and Gift Forum

Gift for Makeup and Hairstylist

A couple of my really close friends are a makeup and hairstylist, and they're going to do my makeup and hair for free for my wedding, (and hair for my brides maids.)  One of my brides maids had her hair done by the girl who's goin to do mine, and when I asked her about it, she told me "Get her a really nice gift!"

These are two very close friends who, had circumstances been different and I could have had a bigger party, I would have asked them to be in the wedding themselves.

Anybody have any suggestions on what good gifts for them would be? I'm bloody clueless on the whole damn thing. :D

Re: Gift for Makeup and Hairstylist

• What do they like?  Since they are close friends you should have a good idea of what their favorite colors are or any interests they have.  Act like you're shopping for their birthdays!  It will be fun for you and they will receive a gift that is meaningful.
  • Exactly like PP said. To thank them shop for them like its their birthday and get them something you know they would love and use. A gift card to a nice restaurant perhaps?
  • I agree, a gift card is a good idea. Also personalized baskets, (themed: spa, espresso, etc) would be nice gesture too
  • I would do a GC to a favorite store/restaurant/spa.  Since they are doing something in their professional capacity, I'd lean more toward tip-ish gift then token gift.  
  • I agree you prbably already know where they like to shop and or eat so a gift card along w/ a handwritten note for each for just a personal touch
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards