Delaware

2nd wedding- thinking about on the beach...

Any other DE brides getting married at Lewes or Rehoboth??  I just go engaged but am thinking I'd like to do that- although I worry about weather and what would be plan "B" if it was bad weather.  It's my 2nd wedding so it would be small/simple- probably just a nice dinner w/ close friends and family after.  Any thoughts/recommendations/suggestions??
Thanks.

Re: 2nd wedding- thinking about on the beach...

• edited December 2011

There were a few past knotties that got married on the beach in Dewey in 2008, but i don't know of any recent.  I know one, Dewdrop, had her reception at Salero afterwards and had a blast.  There was also another one who just rented a beach house and had the reception there after the beach ceremony.  My boss's daughter got married on the beach in Rehoboth and had her very small reception at La La Land afterwards (she got married in Nov. 08).

• edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Salero on the 8th floor of Henlopen Hotel in Rehoboth in May. It's just beautiful and they've been wonderful to work with. Our rain plan is to get married in the reception room overlooking the ocean. They also have another all purpose room that you can use for the same thing.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also hoping for a beach ceremony in Rehoboth.  I have vacationed in Rehoboth my whole life.  Kind of a dream to be get married there.  Are you using a wedding planner or just going through the Henlopen?  Thanks and congratulations!!
  • edited December 2011
    Les- I'm pretty sure she got married... possibly create a new post for yourself? I know there's some beach brides around here somewhere...
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards