Louisiana-New Orleans

DJ in New Orleans

I am looking for a DJ in New Orleans for my wedding next year. I don't want to spend a ton of money on a DJ but at the same time I want someone with experience and a good reputation. Any suggestions?

FYI - I am considering booking the Wax Museum for my reception :)

Re: DJ in New Orleans

• I like Decades but if you use them definitely splurge on the Level 1 DJ.  Level 2 DJs are less experienced and more appropriate for things like school dances, etc. 
  • I'm also trying to find a DJ for my wedding. It's hard to find references on here for that eh?! Because you here who people have booked with but dont get a whole lot of feedback after their wedding. I looked into Omega and Magicjack. Both quoted me between 900-1100 for a ceremony and reception, with minimal lights. I just met with Harold from Crescent City DJ, he seemed pretty nice. He's a one man show kind of thing. He did have some lights but not a spot light for effect lights. He quoted cheaper at 700. Any one have any references for Crescent City DJ? I'd also be interested in any other recommendations.
    Thanks ya'll! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • zoopsiedaisyzoopsiedaisy member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    Call Brandon at (504) 390-7256.  He owns DJ Dynamics or Dynamic DJ.  I can't remember. :-)  It's been a while!  I know it's strange without a website or anything, but he did my wedding and ceremony,was totally reasonable and has tons of experience.  He and his partner were very professional and did everything we needed.  They don't have a website or anything like that, but I really think that's part of how they are so affordable. He is funny and really enjoys what he does, but leaves out all the cheesey MC'ing stuff that I personally can't stand.  People at my  reception were chanting "one more song!" at the end of the night because we were having so much fun.  I didn't leave the dance floor!!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using Kevin at Omega Sound & Entertainment for my wedding next weekend. I've been speaking mostly with the owner David and I've heard nothing but good things about them. 
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • My reception will be at the Wax and I am using Quinn Landry at my planner's recommendation. Beth at the Wax also gave her approval. Let me know if you need his contact info and I can get it for you tomorrow. Also, if you need more recs, ask Beth at the Wax. She is a great resource.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies, I will def ask Beth also for referals.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_dj-in-new-orleans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:3fc58ba5-3fc6-4a63-b14d-742a1c2cc806Post:cbd0359f-d633-4350-acd5-8d956b13c2a5">Re: DJ in New Orleans</a>:
    [QUOTE]My reception will be at the Wax and I am using Quinn Landry at my planner's recommendation. Beth at the Wax also gave her approval. Let me know if you need his contact info and I can get it for you tomorrow. Also, if you need more recs, ask Beth at the Wax. She is a great resource.
    Posted by NO2012[/QUOTE]

<div>Can you send me that DJ's info?  THANKS!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_dj-in-new-orleans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:3fc58ba5-3fc6-4a63-b14d-742a1c2cc806Post:765675c9-23a3-4fdd-81fb-2a65cf83e461">Re: DJ in New Orleans</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DJ in New Orleans : Can you send me that DJ's info?  THANKS!
    Posted by mnols[/QUOTE]

I will post it tomorrow when I have his contact info in front of me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited February 2012
    Quinn Landry
    Impulse Entertainment
    impulseentertainment@cox.net

Edited to correct spelling in email address!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards