Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Suggestions please!

Do any of you know a good place to go to in New Orleans or in Metairie for hair and makeup for the wedding? I could also use some suggestions for good places to take a large group for dinner on a Friday night in New Orleans. 

I'm in Mississippi and I prefer to at least start with places people recommend than just blindly :)

Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Suggestions please!

• Options
    edited December 2011

As for as going out, what kind of experience are you looking for?

• Options
    Mrs BunnieMrs Bunnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well my fiancée and I both really like karaoke, so if there's somewhere that you can do dinner and karaoke that's child friendly that'd be perfect. Otherwise, somewhere that is child friendly for dinner and then somewhere for karaoke that's not crazy packed with drunks would be awesome!

(Though I know this may be asking too much LOL You never know :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There's a really pretty salon in Metairie called La Riviera (on Shores). Seriously, the interior reminds me of the Ritz without the Ritz prices! :-) They also at one time offered a package where they would pick you up in a limo if a certain number of women got salon services. I've only been there for haircuts though. 
    I did get my makeup done last weekend, for a wedding I was in, by Salon Stefano. The salon is on West Metairie but they came to the bride's house. Everyone looked gorgeous!

As far as karaoke, you HAVE to go to Cat's Meow! It's not kid friendly, and there will be lots of drunk people, but it is sooo much fun. If you get there early enough the crazies won't be there yet! lol

Acme Oyster House in the quarter or Superior Grill on St. Charles are kid friendly. 
  • Options
    Mrs BunnieMrs Bunnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you :) These are great suggestions.

The karaoke need not be kid friendly, we're planning on ditching the kids with a babysitter to have adult time after we eat lol :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dandywarholdandywarhol member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had my hair and makeup trial done by Andrea Arcuri at Salon Diversions in the FQ.  It is an Aveda salon.  I'm an OOT bride and Andrea was wonderful and did a great job!
    BFP #1 - Missed M/C, D&C 3.21.11

BFP #2 - Sylvie V. Q. born and died on 10.28.11 at 21w. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

BFP #3 - Evie V. Q. Fetal demise @ 16w. DC 7.8.12
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    My blog My chart
  • Options
    phunluvin82phunluvin82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How large of a dinner group are you having?  Some good spots for seafood/New Orleans food are Deanie's, Drago's, or Redfish Grill...there are just soooo many good restaurants in NOLA, it probably depends what type of food you are looking for.  I don't know which places do or don't take reservations for a large group...but on a Friday, I would definitely choose somewhere that does.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards