Kentucky-Louisville

OUTDOOR WEDDING & TENT RECEPTION - NEED VENUE

Hi all -

I am wondering if anyone has any BUDGET-friendly suggestions for an outdoor wedding with tented reception.  My goal is to find a location where both can be held.  I've looked at parks - but i feel the restrooms are unacceptable at parks.  My whole wedding budget is only $8,000 so paying over $1,000 to $1,500 is just too much for me :(
I'm willing to rent a house for the weekend or pay someone to use their property (a farm would be perfect) but I need some help with this!!
IF you have any suggestions i'd be glad to hear them!
THANKS Kiss

Re: OUTDOOR WEDDING & TENT RECEPTION - NEED VENUE

• katie1carterkatie1carter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If you like the idea of having the wedding and reception in a park but do not like the bathrooms provided, you could always look into purchasing a trailor with bathrooms on it.  I went to a friends outdoor wedding and she had these.  They were very nice (definatly nicer then I expected).

• mandadwmandadw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!! I have thought about that - it's just sort of a last resort :)
    Great advice though!
  • ZachandMereZachandMere member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in Anchorage and there is an old home there that has a large lawn in front that they have used for weddings I think.  Perhaps you could use the house's bathrooms and the yard for your wedding?  Try www.cityofanchorage.org and call City Hall about it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards