Pre-wedding Parties

Limit on Spending Money for the Bachelorette Party?

My BMs are working on planning the Bachelorette Party for me, but have been suggesting High-End Restaurants... These are too expensive for everyone on my list; out of the 14, only 4-5 would actually be able to afford it.  Do you think I'm being unreasonable in asking that we keep the majority of Entree Prices limited to $15?

Re: Limit on Spending Money for the Bachelorette Party?

• edited December 2011
    I don't think so at all. As long as you don't tell them exactly what to do, seeing as they are throwing the party for you, I don't see anything wrong in offering a suggestion like that.

Send an email to the BP just saying 'I'm so glad that we're able to get together for the bachelorette party. I know I'd love to spend the night with all my close girlfriends, but I respect that some of them are really on tight budgets. I'd prefer to spend the night with everyone and have them feel comfortable with that they are spending, so I'm hoping we can keep the restaurants a more casual, not too pricey type? What about this or that restuarant?'
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I guess I didn't really answer your question. I don't know if I'd exactly put a price limit per entree, but just throw out some lower priced restaurants and hope they get an idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Wow! A bride who is not expecting an all expense paid bachelorette weekend in Vegas or Mexico? How refreshing : )

You should let the bms know that some of the guests (do not mention names)  have a tight budget right now and you would prefer a less expensive restaurant. I hope you have a wonderful evening out with your closest friends.

Best wishes.

• utegogglesutegoggles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP. Explain that you would like to keep the budget lower. Then maybe say "Hey, I was thinking about it - Restaurant Name Here is really nice and one of my favorites. I'd love to go there instead!"
  • edited December 2011
    ·         Hey  I'm Passion Party Consultant & if u would like to book a "Girls Night In" and have a lot of Fun inbox me. I would love to help u plan a party. Also you can check out my web page at www.dpassiondesire.yourpassionconsultant.com/" target="_blank">www.dpassiondesire.yourpassionconsultant.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards