Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Dallas World Aquarium venue info?

Has anyone been to/had a wedding at the Dallas World Aquarium? It looks like a great location and a great price but I can't find any reviews on the caterer, etc.

Thanks!

Re: Dallas World Aquarium venue info?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's pretty expensive.  We wanted to have our reception there, but it was way out of our price range.
    Anniversary

• Options
    LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dallas-world-aquarium-info?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ded6864f-c323-4446-bb37-f65cfb527159Post:a79eb6da-a429-4c65-9449-e1cfa77ca78f">Re: Dallas World Aquarium venue info?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's pretty expensive.  We wanted to have our reception there, but it was way out of our price range.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

I agree with this. We got information on it, and it was just really expensive.

Honestly, I don't know if my wedding is any cheaper than that but I feel like I have more than just food and venue with what I have now.
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dallas-world-aquarium-info?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ded6864f-c323-4446-bb37-f65cfb527159Post:e3bba135-8b99-464a-8f22-7fd040144af7">Re: Dallas World Aquarium venue info?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Dallas World Aquarium venue info? : I agree with this. We got information on it, and it was just really expensive. <strong>Honestly, I don't know if my wedding is any cheaper than that but I feel like I have more than just food and venue with what I have now.</strong>
    Posted by LoverBean27[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly.  DWA is seriously my favorite place in Dallas, but to have our reception there would have been so expensive for just location and on-site catering that I think we are getting a way better deal.</div><div>
    </div><div>That said, I think it is a wonderful venue if you have the money to spend.</div>
    Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011

This is interesting because our quote came out to about the same price as it would be to have a reception at Winfrey Point minus all the labor involved with picking everything yourself.  
    Guess I need to recheck the venue suggestion post.

Can I ask where you ended up deciding on instead?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just went back and pulled up the email my coordinator sent me for DWA.  The room rental was reasonable, it was the catering that got us.  So if you're having a small reception (we are not) it might be a good fit.  The minimum is less than what my minimum is.

We are having our reception at Cityplace on the 42nd floor.
    Anniversary

• Options
    LoverBean27LoverBean27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_dallas-world-aquarium-info?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:ded6864f-c323-4446-bb37-f65cfb527159Post:8c6a4757-aaab-4181-952c-d38fe8a6bc50">Re: Dallas World Aquarium venue info?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just went back and pulled up the email my coordinator sent me for DWA.  The room rental was reasonable, <strong>it was the catering that got us</strong>.  So if you're <strong>having a small reception (we are not) it might be a good fit</strong>.  The minimum is less than what my minimum is. We are having our reception at Cityplace on the 42nd floor.
    Posted by professorscience[/QUOTE]

Again I agree! Our reception is large and the catering just added up. We have a really good deal with our venue, food and alcohol for all our guests. We ended up at Stonebridge Country Club for our reception.
    image 279 Invited!
    image 137 Are ready to celebrate!
    image 93 Cannot make it!
    image 40 Have not responded! aka: officially uninvited! ;)
    RSVP date 2/17

March 2012 Brides

**SIGGY (March 2012 board) January CHALLENGE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You don't marry the person you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without"-Anonymous

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards