Registry and Gift Forum

Family member officient gift ideas??

My fiance's Aunt is becoming a notary , for us, so, she can marry us. Any ideas on a gift for her? I'd like to do something special (personal) but, having a hard time coming up with anything. Thanks for the help.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Family member officient gift ideas??

• I don't have any great suggestions, but I'm also looking for a gift for our officiant, who is a dear friend (and ordained minister) - curious to what others suggest!
    Anniversary
  • I think a gift card to a restaurant you know she will like would be nice.  That's what we got for our friend that played our ceremony music on her cello (she learned the songs we asked).  We didn't get our officiant a gift because we were paying for his service.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_family-member-officient-gift-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:b61f3d78-b7b9-4e95-a904-1eafb6c8eb79Post:abe5e797-000b-4848-8f38-9c72e061fd0b">Re: Family member officient gift ideas??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think a gift card to a restaurant you know she will like would be nice.  That's what we got for our friend that played our ceremony music on her cello (she learned the songs we asked).  We didn't get our officiant a gift because we were paying for his service.  
    Posted by jessicabessica[/QUOTE]

<div>I like this idea.  If you want to make it more personal you can do a date night type thing if she has a spouse or significant other - like a gift card to a restaurant, plus one to a movie theater, etc.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_family-member-officient-gift-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:b61f3d78-b7b9-4e95-a904-1eafb6c8eb79Post:56f4f325-c7de-4879-9ec7-1d1c522e50ba">Re: Family member officient gift ideas??</a>:
    [QUOTE]From a minister's wife.....please give cash, or a gift card.  Officiants have a closetful of religious-themed items given to them by other couples. Remember that a wedding is time outside their usual church hours, and is not covered by their church salary.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't see how this applies to the OP.  She said her aunt is becoming a notary in order to officiate.  She didn't say anything about her aunt being a member of the clergy.  </div><div>
    </div>
  • Yes, exactly... It's my fiance's Aunt. And we wanted to do something special for her. Thank you for your ideas. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_family-member-officient-gift-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:b61f3d78-b7b9-4e95-a904-1eafb6c8eb79Post:56f4f325-c7de-4879-9ec7-1d1c522e50ba">Re: Family member officient gift ideas??</a>:
    [QUOTE]From a minister's wife.....please give cash, or a gift card.  Officiants have a closetful of religious-themed items given to them by other couples. Remember that a wedding is time outside their usual church hours, and is not covered by their church salary.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks for the insight. If it doesn't help the post-er, it definitely helped me!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We gave the officiant (my BFF's husband who is a judge) a gift card to Outback.

Then a friend's husband who is a retired minister asked if we needed an officiant.  Uh, no.  Then he offered to do the blessing before the meal, and I said great.  And he said, "I'll do it for a gift card to the international beer store in the mall."  So that's what we got him!
  • Gift cards are always helpful.  For my brother, who did the prayer and scripture reading, we bought a nice pen made out of Jerusalem wood.  It was special for him and something he can use when he finishes seminary.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards