Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Unity ceremony

My fiancee and I want to do some kind of a unity ceremony for the wedding. Something involving our mothers would be great, like a unity candle. However, we want to do something less traditional than the unity candle. Does anybody have any creative ideas for what we could do for this?

Re: Unity ceremony

• We did a sand ceremony followed by presentation of roses to our Moms.  Pics in married bio.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_unity-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:4e364894-8d0c-48ef-b018-6268826efac7Post:3ec0962f-35bd-4c18-a2bc-ab23637d6f42">Unity ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiancee and I want to do some kind of a unity ceremony for the wedding. Something involving our mothers would be great, like a unity candle. However, we want to do something less traditional than the unity candle. Does anybody have any creative ideas for what we could do for this?
    Posted by Fuschiablu[/QUOTE]

You have a fiance, not a fiancee.  (He has a fiancee).  Did you try googling Unity ceremonies?  You'll find a lot of suggestions.  But also keep in mind that your entire ceremony IS a unity ceremony, actually.

Don't put something in just for the sake of "something".  I've been to many weddings, including my DD's that didn't have a unity thing, and they were just as lovely and meaningful as those that did.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • You could also do a stone/rock ceremony where everyone is given a small, smooth rock when they come to your ceremony- they bistow a blessing on the rock for you and your FI and then they are all places in a jar that becomes a decoration/vase type piece. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards