Snarky Brides
Options

Reply card mishap

So, I'm a twit. I made our invitations, printed out the envelopes for everything but apparently forgot the Apt number on either 1/2 to about three quarters of the reply card envelopes. Gah! Here I am trying to figure out if our mail is getting lost and come to find out, I apparently can't remember my own address so they're all beign sent back! lol Just wanted to share. Anyone else got a similar story?
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Reply card mishap

• Options
    Where are they being sent back to?
  • Options
    DFaughtDFaught member
    First Comment
    They're being sent back to the guests, so I'm just making phone calls and apologizing and taking information that way. Some guests haven't actually sent them back yet so they offered just to write the apt # on there. I just feel like a goof because everything else went smoothly and I can't believe I overlooked something like that.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Ah, it happens.

Dont beat yourself up over it.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Options
    Don't worry too much about it. We live in apartments too and a lot of our mail never seems to have the apartment number on it. Depending on where you live you have to have the last names of all the tenants in that apartment posted inside or outside the mail box. The postal worker often finds us that way (: We never hear any grief from it.

My grandmother doesn't realize we live in an apartment, so she never writes it on there, always get her letters!
  • Options
    If it makes you feel better, I sent out my invites with an RSVP date of May 23rd - thinking, ok, the head count is due the 28th, which is a Friday, subtract 5 days to get to Monday (WRONG!). So all of them got sent out with an RSVP date of a SUNDAY. I felt like such a dumb@**. Sorry about your luck, though, I feel for you. :/
  • Options
    Can you talk to your postal person? Maybe leave them a note. Like the PP said, often times people leave off the apartment number and I still get it.

Laughing
  • Options
    Thus the reason why I get everything sent back to my parent's house!
  • Options
    That stinks, but it definitely happens so you're not alone. :) Sometimes you get so caught up in hyper-editing the big stuff (formatting, graphics, font) that you lose sight of simple little things.

This should make you feel better: I was halfway through putting stamps on our STDs (which I had printed at home) before realizing that I had put the wrong wedding date on them. October 9th instead of October 4th (the real date). Oh, yes I did. It was one of those things I had hastily typed in while futzing around with the graphics and font. Though in my defense, October 9th is John Lennon's birthday, which for me at the time had more significance than my wedding, which hadn't even happened yet. So it must have been on my mind!

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Options
    kjreedkjreed member
    First Comment
    I had a similar mishap, I bought these really nice silver labels for the RSVP card, printed everything out and put them in the mail.... started to freak out when people kept saying they sent the card back but I hadn't received it.  One made it back to me how I have no idea, the stupid ink was completely rubbing off the "pretty" address lables I forked out 15 bucks for!! AAAHHH!!! So before I seem like a psycho I am waiting until a little closer tot he wedding date to make my calls...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards