Florida-North Florida

Pensacola Suggestions

My fiance and I are planning our 2014 desintation wedding in Pensacola (he has family there). I know we have plenty of time to start all of this, and we probably won't meet with our TA until a year out from the wedding, but, just wanting to get a head start.

We will be inviting about 50 guests.. we would like to present our guests with three options for lodging - a rental beach home, a normal hotel, or an all-inclusive resort. We will likely need to have our ceremony at the resort, so if some guests choose not to have a car, they can stay within the resort for their entire trip if they want to. We can also always figure out transportation for the others if they are staying elsewhere....

Do you ladies have any suggestions for places that would fit any of these descriptions? We are going to meet with a travel agent pretty soon, so we are hoping it all falls into place. TIA!

Re: Pensacola Suggestions

• We used R squared media as our videographer - do not use them (she was from Pensacola).  The video was very expensive ($500 for just the ceremony) and it not very good.  I'm glad we have something to remember our date, but i wish it would be a little more professional and less like a relative did it. 

Sorry I don't have any other help!!

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Pensacola doesnt necesarrily have a lot of large "resorts", so if you're looking to do something like that your best bet would be to contact Portifino on Pensacola beach.
    The only issue with Portifino would be that most of the places there (to my knowledge, I could be wrong!) are privately owned. That means it may be difficult to find a spot for everyone, and they are more suites than actual hotel rooms.
    Also, I think I remember reading somewhere that they do not do large weddings or weddings in the Summer (their peak season). Again, you would want to confirm this with them to make sure it's correct, but just giving you a head's up. With a wedding of only 50 people, though, I dont think that would be a problem.
  • Portofino Resort, Margaritaville Resort, Holiday Inn (Pensacola Beach).
    Just an idea ... I live here and plan to get married here.  We rented a beach house and will be having the ceremony on the beach, reception under the beach house, and staying within the beach house with our immediate family.  Some can sleep up to 24 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards