Florida-Central Florida
Options

Not sure if this is the right board. (Help with Orlando HM)

I'm not sure if Orlando is considered Central FL or not....

FI and myself are looking into going to Orlando and I was wondering if you had any fun things you like to do there? I want to go to the zoo and some aquariums and such. I was looking at visitorlando.com for ideas and thought it would be nice to get a locals opinion. I don't want to pay money for something lame! haha

I was also looking at the Floridays Resort. Any experience with this hotel? Basically, we want something with a kitchen and a large/jetted tub.

Thanks in advance!

Fawn

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Not sure if this is the right board. (Help with Orlando HM)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes Orlando is Central Florida. Of coures you can always go to the theme parks. Seaworld is pretty cool if you like marine life. Downtown has some good resturants, and so does resturant row on Sandlake Road. As far as hotels there are a ton on international drive, though i'm not sure which ones have kitchens. Hope that helps a little.
  • Options
    mizzicantwaitmizzicantwait member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is a lot to do in Orlando for every different type of crowd too... you have the theme parks, you have water parks, you have shopping, museums (art, gardens) you have 'tourist' things such as ripleys.... 

As far as hotels there are a lot of hotels, I would be careful with hotels that many people don't know about or if there are no reviews since many hotels are re-opening under new owners and new names so I wouldn't want you to get a bad experience. 
  • Options
    ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that there is Sea World which is much better than most aquariums and of course there's Animal Kingdom and all the other theme parks. Orlando is also not too far from Tampa (about an hour drive) which has Busch Gardens which has great animal exhibits and also the Florida Aquarium. Orlando has the most hotel rooms per capita in the US, second only to Las Vegas. I would suggest looking on hotels.com and tripadvisor.com for hotel reviews. Tripadvisor also allows people to upload their own photos which can be helpful. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Plenty to see and do in town, just as the PP say.  Bok Tower in Lake Wales is also an amazing side trip.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    most of the marriot residence inn hotels have kitchens
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!!!!

I think we will go with Orlando. I found some houses to rent which is in our ballpark. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards