January 2012 Weddings

I lost my job.

I'm being let go from my part time teaching job.

I had a conversation with my principal this morning and she said it didn't work out for me here and they are going to look for someone else. When I asked why she said she assumed that I would be leaving because she can only offer me 3 days here. I told her I would take the three days because I don't have any other teaching offers. 

She said she had higher expectations for me and wasn't too happy with my performance. I asked her why. She said too much game playing (I teach computers). I told her that they were educational websites and it was just for the younger kids and for the older kids I taught many great projects. She just said she'd give me a good recommendation and that was it. 

I asked her if there were any other full time positions she would consider me for. She just tilted her head and said, "Nah". I know there is going to be 3 more teaching positions added for next year, but I guess she doesn't want me here at all. 

I am so upset! I can't stop crying but I'm teaching all day so I've got to pull myself together. The hurt I feel is just unbearable. Most people never get laid off from a job their entire life. I've now had it done to me twice. I feel like packing up my stuff and leaving now, but I can't because I need the money.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I lost my job.

• I am so sorry sweetie.  Remeber that things have to hit rock bottom before they can go up.  It really can't rain forever. 

I hope something comes up for you very soon.  You deserve it.
  • I second hippolover. 

Sending warm wishes that you find a job quickly.  It sounds like your principal had her mind made up no matter what for you. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks guys. I really hope that God has a plan for me because when I was laid off in 2010 I went into a deep depression and started having panic attacks. I CANNOT go through that again! No way, no how! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry, Tara. I hope you find a great position soon!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_i-lost-my-job?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:d676e605-edc0-47c8-80ba-4aa71a05cedePost:5aa44313-af9c-4d4f-9fd8-47396cd87d92">Re: I lost my job.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so sorry, Tara. I hope you find a great position soon!
    Posted by Cony&Ben[/QUOTE]

Thank you Cony!
  • I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I've been spending so much time on the job search board over at proteacher that I haven't been on this board in a few days.

I am so sorry to hear that you are losing your job. It will be a blessing in disguise I'm sure. I know it will be hard to see that now. God has a plan for you, just trust that (this is something I have to remind myself a lot). I'll be praying for you in your job search.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_i-lost-my-job?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:d676e605-edc0-47c8-80ba-4aa71a05cedePost:0f0838cf-1795-483f-9f04-d278a48fda04">Re: I lost my job.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I've been spending so much time on the job search board over at proteacher that I haven't been on this board in a few days. I am so sorry to hear that you are losing your job. It will be a blessing in disguise I'm sure. I know it will be hard to see that now. God has a plan for you, just trust that (this is something I have to remind myself a lot). I'll be praying for you in your job search.
    Posted by MeganNN12[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much! Your words are very kind.

I've decided that if I don't land a teaching job, I'm going to substitute teach in serveral different school districts. This way I'll get my foot in the door. Also, I'm hoping that hubby decides that we should TTC. If I do end of getting pregnant it will be very hard finanically but there is always state aid if we need it. It won't be ideal but I really don't want to wait any longer to become a mom. I'll be 33 in October.
  • I am so sorry. I hope that things will look up for you soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards