Asian Weddings

Chinese tea ceremony

Anyone doing the tea ceremony? I am wondering if it's OK to be wearing my white dress or whether I should be wearing my long red dress for the tea ceremony. It's after the wedding ceremony, so I'll still be in my white gown. Is there a preferred dress for this part?

Re: Chinese tea ceremony

• clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Typically, a bride who chooses to do a traditional tea ceremony will choose a traditional outfit to go with it.  It's consistent that way.  But there's no reason why you can't do the tea ceremony in your white dress.  To me, It all matters how much you like the traditional outfit.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm doing a tea ceremony and will be changing into a traditional dress for it but then will change back into my wedding gown for dinner. i've seen brides wear their white wedding dress to do it too. i think it's fine either way.
  • edited December 2011
    I personally is changing to my qipao for the tea ceremony. I have seen pictures of brides wearing the white gown during the tea ceremony, too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with junelley. I've seen brides in both IRL at weddings and in pictuers. I think it's up to you though. Personally, I'm changing into a cheong sam. I'd be afraid of spilling anything on my $$$ dress.
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards