September 2012 Weddings
Options

What's on the menu?

Probably way early on this one, but thought I'd ask what you ladies were thinking for food at the reception :)

My parents went for a tasting for me (since I live out of state from where the wedding is...) and we're thinking
Fruit/cheese/veggie tray, 3 passed aps (don't know what yet), salad and choice of:
- Pesto rubbed tenderloin with oven roasted tomato reduction
- Asiago chicken  with roasted tomato relish(from my understanding it's similar to chicken parmesan, but asiago obviously)
- Smoked mozarella and red pepper ravioli with roasted garlic parmesan cream sauce

We're also thinking about doing an "afterglow" of sliders and fries

Cake flavors: Tiramisu and lemon cake/3 berry compote

We need to come up with a dessert besides cake... the venue is pretty flexible. Possibly an ice cream bar. Fiance wants to see if they can do a flambe station!

What's on your menu? :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What's on the menu?

• Options
    Cocktail hour will have three passed appetizers (1 vegetarian, 2 meat based), but we haven't picked them yet.

Dinner will have a salad, followed by a duet of filet mignon & crab stuffed shrimp with mashed potatoes and asparagus. 

Dessert is wedding cake with two flavors:  Vanilla with raspberry pure and vanilla mousse and chocolate with strawberry mousse.

I am SO excited!  It's going to be delicious. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    We haven't yet met with a caterer, I will probably work on this when I go home.  I want foods that are more custom to my area* and I can't get here. 

Cocktail Hour: 
    Cheese & cracker tray, Linguica*, Fresno State sausages*, Veggie trays

Dinner:
    Tri Tip*
    Tequila Beans*
    Sourdough Bread*
    Some kind of salad, potato, and another side

Dessert:
    A dessert table with choc covered strawberries, cupcakes, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate cake, red velvet cake
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Options
    celticmysscelticmyss member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I am pretty sure we have way too much food. Menu is not 100% set yet. 

Cocktail Hour
    Stationary - cheese tray and spinach dip
    Passed - Cajun chicken skewer, Caprese skewer, mini-crab cake, beef tenderloin 

Dinner:
    Herb de Provence Chicken, Herbed Leg of Lamb
    Asparagus, Roasted Red Potatoes, rolls and salad

Dessert
    Cake (flavor tbd) and chocolate covered strawberries

Food was our first priority and the place where we're getting married is primarily a restaurant. I can't wait for the tasting. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm really hungry now...just had to throw that out there
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cocktail hour has a station of cheese, crackers, fruit, veggies & dips as well as 10 chef selected passed apps.

Buffet style dinner choices: Vegetarian pene alfredo with artichoke hearts & sun-dried tomatoes, stuffed chicken breast in a cider reduction, sliced top sirloin, and filet of sole. Sides are chef seasonal selections of startch & veggies.

Dessert is cupcakes (flavors tbd) & a mini dessert table
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good timing because I JUST had my tasting this past Sunday. I'm *SO* excited about the food. There's going to be so much- frankly it's absurd.

Cocktail hour: Full premium open bar (for the night), 10 passed apps, cheese tray, veggie tray, antipasta tray, mediteranean tray, mashed potato bar, turkey carving station

4 course dinner: ministrone soup, caesear salad, choice of prime rib or stuffed chicken or crab cake, and dessert

Dessert: Viennese table, coffee station with cordial bar (little shots of liquor to put in your coffee)

Wedding cake: this came with the venue but we haven't had our tasting yet, it'll be some time in April
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_whats-on-the-menu?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:e14be84c-468f-4e7e-aded-3c44c72afdc8Post:79c3a0e1-43da-4d5a-ae7d-3c1037c38f96">Re: What's on the menu?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We haven't yet met with a caterer, I will probably work on this when I go home.  I want foods that are more custom to my area* and I can't get here.  Cocktail Hour:  Cheese & cracker tray, Linguica*, Fresno State sausages*, Veggie trays Dinner: Tri Tip* Tequila Beans* Sourdough Bread* Some kind of salad, potato, and another side Dessert: A dessert table with choc covered strawberries, cupcakes, pecan pie, pumpkin pie, chocolate cake, red velvet cake
    Posted by adktd2boots[/QUOTE]

<div>I have no idea what any of these are, but I'll eat all of them!</div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options

Just going to list what I am most excited about as far as our menu:

Cocktail hour: mini burger station (made to order sliders with a buffet of toppings and french fries
    Desert: ice cream sundae bar (vanilla, chocolate, and cookie dough ice cream with so many topping choices) AND a venetian table

YUM! :)

Anniversary
  • Options

This is our menu so far, it will be finalized with the caterer closer to the date.

Cocktail Hour:
    Pizzettas from the Grill Station (Margarita/White/Veggie)
    Sweet Potato Fries
    Caprese Skewers
    Miniature Beef Wellingtons
    Smoked Chicken & Gouda Quesadillas
    MD Crab Cakes w/ Chipotle Remoulade
    Placed: Cheeses; Veggies; Hummus; Bruschetta; Eggplant Caponata etc..

Individual First Course
    Spinach Salad
    Ziti w/ House Made Marinara

Family Style Dinner
    Portuguese Pork & Clams
    Chicken Piccata
    Barley Pilaf
    Broccoli Rabe
    Roasted Fall Squashes & Zucchini

• Options
    Wow you ladies have great choices of menus...mine is more comfort food and buffet style since its a noon wedding:

Fried chicken
    Baked skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    Spring mix salad with two choices of dressing
    Seasoned green beans
    Steamed broccoli (cheese sauce on the side)
    Wild Rice Blend
    Dessert is chocolate cookies (came with the catering) and cupcakes (carrot cake and vanilla)

Since almost everyone attending doesn't eat pork or beef, the chicken worked out great for everyone. The only two vegans actually were happy I did chose great veggie choices so we didn't have to do special plates just for them. Still going to see if I can at least get them fish to eat.
    Anniversary Vacation
  • Options
    Hmm...I can't see anything?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards