Washington

using flower vendors at Pike's Market?

Has anyone used any of the flower vendors at Pike's Market or at any of the local neighborhood farmer's market for their wedding flowers?  I just want to know what your experiences with them, pros/cons, etc.  I'm wanting to use local vendors/stores and I don't want to spend a ton, so I figured using the vendors would be a good way to go.  Any comments will be helpful.  Thanks!

Re: using flower vendors at Pike's Market?

• flippinsweetflippinsweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While I can't be helpful, I too have this idea and have a good family friend who is a former florist.  Listening in to see if you get additional responses.
  • marquita06marquita06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a friend going down to Pike's Place Market on the morning of our wedding to pick up some bouquets.  I might have her pick up some petals too.  I mentioned this idea to a florist & she (not surprisingly) poo-poo'd the flowers there.

I was at the Ballard Market last sunday & talked to one of the vendors there about doing wedding flowers.  My hold-up is I need someone to actually make arrangements for the bouquets.  We're going to have fruit bowls as our centerpieces so we only need wearable flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KelamarieKelamarie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also planning on getting the flowers for our centerpieces from a local market. I've bought glasses that will double as vases. I plan on picking up the flowers the day before the wedding, recutting them and keeping them in a cold room. I've asked a few venders and they seem game for doing 12. They asked me to check back with them a week or two before the wedding to discuss flower types and colors. This should save us lots of money! Good luck to you!
  • cmj_onescmj_ones member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im from Spokane so Im not using flowers from Pike Place but I am using ones from a local farmers market.  We are picking them up Saturday morning for our Sunday afternoon wedding.  We are 'going green' for our wedding so I really wanted local, organic flowers for the centerpieces; some centerpieces will be flowers, and others will be fresh, local, organic, fruits and veggies in hurricane vases! 

I suggest buying a couple of bouquets and taking them home to see how long they last and how they look in your vases before hand so you know what to expect.  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    The Pike Place flowers will be fine, don't worry!  Just have someone pick them up the night before or the morning of.  You can borrow vases from friends and family or pick some up at thrift stores.  The flowers at the market are gorgeous and usually well arranged. If you want to wrap the stems with ribbon for your bouquet, it's very easy to do.  

cmj_ones: I'm from Spokane too-- what market are you talking about?  I would love to have local flowers for our wedding!
  • edited December 2011
    I have a friend who got married last year and she used Pike Place for her flowers.  She went down a week ahead of time and ordered everything.  She said it was a lot of extra work but worth the savings. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards