Christian Weddings
Options

New to this board

Good Morning Ladies! I am new to this board and I am excited about viewing some of your ideas and collaborating together. What are some things that you all are doing to make your wedding memorable for your guests?

Re: New to this board

• Options
    Welcome! 

We're having a destination wedding (DW) and hopefully that will make it memorable for guests! We're getting married in Estes Park, Colorado. Other than that pretty standard stuff! 
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    Welcome hopefully you will love this board and these ladies as much as i do!

To make our wedding memorable we are wearing skater shoes (i have fancier ceremony shoes though), having pinatas, and getting married in the church my parents got married in, and instead of throwing my flowers im gifting them to my birth mom.

Other then that its going to be a pretty laid back/family gatherine kind of feel and we are skipping a lot of the traditions

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    Hello and welcome to the board :) Congrats on your engagement! 

We are also doing a DW, heading north to the Muskoka Lakes area of Ontario, Canada, somewhere that FI and I have been camping before and knew of a GORGEOUS resort in that area, I LOVE it! 

To make it memorable.... we are having a buffet dinner with a seperate childrens buffet (pizza, chicken fingers, etc), there will be a photobooth, nothing too crazy :) 
  • Options
    Cool all of those things sound cool. @toothpastechica that's neat that you're using the same church as your parents really cool!@BMcleodTeam I bet the children will love that buffet if I were a kid at your wedding I would! What is everyone's date? Mine is November 10th 2012 and I am super excited and elated that God has blessed me with someone as amazing as the man I plan to marry.
  • Options
    Ours is June 12! Def not soon enough!
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    I'll probably be the most memorable thing about my wedding. I don't mean that vainly. I'm getting married in India, which sounds nice and memorable except that my FI is Indian and lives in India and so our guests will pretty much be Indians since my family cant' afford it and we can't afford two weddings at this time.  We dont' really have any details hashed out yet, because we need a date and we can't get that until Ryan gets a job...

But I figure the American bride that moves halfway around the globe will probably be memorable to most of our guests. :-P
    My blog
    "I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." -Isaiah 61:10 NKJV
  • Options
    Oh wow! That is cool! I will be praying for you and your fiance' and that he will get employment. You will most definitely be memorable; an All American Beauty.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_new-this-board-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:ed274507-f7ad-4b40-9000-a7ee93b369bePost:f28c230d-f4ab-4713-b255-bd1e0cec1c70">Re: New to this board</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours is June 12! Def not soon enough!
    Posted by RebeccaJac[/QUOTE]
    I didn't realize you were another June bride!!<div>
    </div><div>Welcome to the board!</div><div>
    </div><div>We are having a bag piper, our groomsmen will be in their military dress uniforms and we will be having cupcakes.</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome to the board! I am an old married lady already haha. I have been married since July 8th, 2011. Our theme was Our Love Story. I'm still here because this board is awesome. You will love it here!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Welcome to the board! It's nice to to know that there is someone new here as well. I am new too.

Edit: I forgot to answer your question. LOL I am having an African and American celebration. I am from Ghana and I have two outfits. My wedding dress but also my traditional outfit for the ceremony. My second dress is teal and cream like my wedding colors. I am excited! My FI who is American will also be changing into our traditional outfit as well.

We are having an African DJ and we are having a live jazz player playing during our ceremony and our cocktail hour.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards