Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

should i do my own hair and makeup?

i am very good at doing hair and makeup. i want to go to school and become professional. i cut and style my own hair as it is.  im always coming up with new ways to do my makeup. i just bought a conair curling wand and it is amazing. should i save stress and hire someone or save money and do it myself?

Re: should i do my own hair and makeup?

• I think in your situation I might do my own make-up, but I would probably still have someone else do your hair. Though I'm not a stylist, I would still assume it's easier for someone else to do it than to do your own? Plus it would be one less thing to stress/worry about on the actual day and you can just relax and have someone else do it for you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • I would hire someone else to save you the stress of having to do it yourself. You will have a million other things to worry about that day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_should-i-do-my-own-hair-and-makeup?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:380e6e10-0e3e-46c7-8f84-8fb3807ceecaPost:55aca55d-d9f8-4346-94f9-d60defbeebeb">Re: should i do my own hair and makeup?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think in your situation I might do my own make-up, but I would probably still have someone else do your hair. Though I'm not a stylist, I would still assume it's easier for someone else to do it than to do your own? Plus it would be one less thing to stress/worry about on the actual day and you can just relax and have someone else do it for you.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]

I agree with this completely.
  • it depends..I am a hairstylsit so I will be doing my own because i want to save myself the fustration of having someone else doing it and me not liking it or having it the way I want..but I am doing a destination wedding so I wont really have much to do that day or worry about so it may be different in your case..depends on what time the wedding is n such... good luck!Kiss
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards