Michigan-Lansing

Seeking Bridal Shower Location Rec

Hello Ladies,

I am throwing a shower for my brother and his fiance in mid-May.  I thought I had a location lined up, but it has fallen through.  I'm desperately searching for a reasonably priced location for a shower, preferably east of Lansing (between Okemos and Howell) that can accomodate 20-30 people.  I'd like one that will allow us to bring in our own food, but I'm not sure if that will be possible now.

Can anyone rec their shower sites?

Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Seeking Bridal Shower Location Rec

• gailpetegailpete member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I can't rec these, since I haven't actually used them but you could check Atrium Event Center on Jolly Road in Okemos, Riverhouse Inn in Williamston, or Old Chicago in Okemos.  Comfort Inn or Hampton Inn in Okemos are other possibilities that may let you bring food in.

The Quality Inn in East Lansing allowed food to be brought in for a baby shower I attended last year.

• edited December 2011
    Is anyone in the family a member of a church?  Maybe they could rent out a community room for you?  This is what we did for my sister's shower and it worked out really well.
    Anniversary
  • Monicagail1Monicagail1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the recs ladies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • kmwingluvrkmwingluvr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_seeking-bridal-shower-location-rec?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:96Discussion:6f7e3be5-15d6-4bf6-b212-286d811a2c52Post:a37ff6a7-eae6-4dbc-90a6-ab69e44131b2">Re: Seeking Bridal Shower Location Rec</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is anyone in the family a member of a church?  Maybe they could rent out a community room for you?  This is what we did for my sister's shower and it worked out really well.
    Posted by nlfeguer[/QUOTE]

I think this is the plan for mine. I'm not a member of a church, but the one my aunt goes to has a community center we're going to see about using.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any friends who live in an apartment complex that has a community room?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards