New Jersey

VENUE HELP Needed!! Park Savoy or Pleasantdale??

Hi everyone,

We have a top three for venues and would love any feedback you have.  They are Park Savoy, Pleasantdale Chateau, and Florentine Gardens.   Although, we are close to eliminating FG....

Any advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks! 

Re: VENUE HELP Needed!! Park Savoy or Pleasantdale??

• I have been to the Florentine gardens for an event. Beautiful and the staff was amazing in my opinion.
  • I loved Florentine Gardens and nothing compares to the Pleasantdale (IMO).  The Park Savoy's renovation is gorgeous, but somehow I didn't get the same feeling as we drove up to it.  But that's a personal preference.  You should make a list of what matters to you and your FI (things like food, cocktail hour space, aesthetics, photo opps, bridal suite, etc.) and then compare.  This helped us tremendously and we wound up eliminating our initial top fave. 

Good luck - they are all beautiful venues!!
  • I have to say.. I am very partial to the Park Savoy as I am getting married there in March. The staff has been amazing thus far catering to every single request I've had. I have my tasting tomorrow so I can give a better assessment of the food which is super important to me, but I am not worried because people rave about their food anyway. I love their grounds especially for someone like myself who is getting married at the property and wants scenery so I don't have to drive around and take pictures elsewhere. Also, I must mention the Bridal Suite is Exquisite! I love the little outdoor patio that you and your girls can hang out if there weather is nice. The ballroom is goregous and it has a nice balance of opulence and that homey comfort (ie fireplace).  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My future sister in law had her reception at the Park Savoy prior to the renovation. I don't know what the space looks like now, but at the time, I loved the more "historical" look of it. I don't know if they kept that or changed it.

But, the food was amazing. Wedding food in general blends for me - I have a hard time remembering what was availabe at each wedding, but I do remember the food there being very good.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Oooh I love Pleasantdale Chateau but it was out of my price range.  haha 
    I have heard great things about all of those venues though.  I would draft a pro/con list to help narrow it down.

Sorry, this wasn't really helpful lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am getting married at the Park Savoy in July- my experience so far has been excellentl! My cousin got married at Nanina's last spring, which is the sister site, and her wedding was flawless. Anytime I tell a vendor where we are getting married, they rave about how great the place looks post renovation and how awesome the food is!
    Good luck- I'm sure anywhere you pick will be wonderful.
  • Thank you everyone so much for your input!  I am leaning towards Pleasantdale....We are going to be having a winter wedding, and it remind me of a farytale when I drive up.  Keep you all posted.. and if you have any other thoughts, please let me know! 
  • Pleasantdale is a beautiful venue. I probably would have booked there had I made an appointment to go look at it.

We just had our wedding at FG in September & everything was wonderful. Food (which there was an abundance of) was delicious too!. Guests are actually still telling us & our parents how much they enjoyed everything that night. My maitre'd & bridal attendant were excellent - we were literally waited on left & right (without them being too intrusive). Overall, I was extremely happy with them.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards