Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Good Morning!

Morning! Not too much going on around here! We are ordering our invitation kits from Cards and Pockets tonight when I get home from yet another event this week. Last night I basically came home showered and went to bed. Poor DF's Playstation 3 died last night..I hate that thing and the mean part inside of me almost giggled, but he was so upset that I feel bad for him. With the wedding, he isn't planning on buying a new one right now, but I am encouraging him to buy one anyway. Last night I began the much overdue process of trying to find a limo company!

Have a great day ladies!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning everyone!

Had a fun time at Hershey yesterday with my girlfriend. We drove up early in the morning to be there when the park opened, so we were exhausted and left by 8pm. Since lines weren't long we ended up riding every roller coaster in the park (and our favorite one 3 times)! Getting ready to drive home now because I have to go into work this afternoon. Yuck but yay for a 3 day weekend coming up!!

Ros-that stinks about his P3..poor guy!
  • Options
    reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! I am just getting ready to head out to work, bleh.  Last night I went to the drive thru to grab some food and a giant moth flew in my car---its body was like , 2 inches at least! I don't do well with insects, so i am taking DHs car to work today so he can try to find the monster in mine.

Im trying to figure out if/what we are doing for the 4th, usually we go to his parents' house but I am not sure they are planning anything this year because they are leaving for vacation on the 5th.  I want to try to do something though, even though I work until 5:30, because after the 6th DH won't be able to do a whole lot, hes having some surgery done. (Appendectomy and possibly correcting something with his intestines)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!  Today is my last day of work for the week, I'm really excited about my 5 day weekend!!!

We are going to my grandparent's lake house in the state of IN tomorrow night, the weather is supposed to be 89 degrees and full sun!  PERFECT!

My mom has finally found a dress, she ordered two from Nordstroms and we both loved one that arrived.  We also ordered her shoes last night and she has already thinking about jewlery! haha She is really excited. 

I also tried on my wedding dress again last night with the shoes and slip.  I fell in love with it again (this was the first time I've had it on since I bought it).  It fits like a glove and I won't have to get it hemmed!

Have a great day everyone!

Ros-What a bummer for your FI, I would be secretly doing a happy dance as well if I were in your shoes Tongue out
    Jamie-What a great way to spend a Tueday!  Hopefully your day goes by quickly!
    Reannalynn-Vibes for your DH!  Hopefully you can enjoy the 4th in some fashion!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning! We had no power last night, so DH and I ordered pizza and played games by candlelight all night. It was off the whole day- from 9 AM- 11:30 PM. No clue what happened, but our entire complex was affected, but not the shopping plaza right across the street. Thank goodness our food is ok- made me sick to my stomach to think about throwing all of it away. This morning was chaotic, as DH rushed to pack my lunch (couldn't open the fridge last night), and I attempted to get up earlier to shower (couldn't last night b/c there was no hot water). At least it's back though, and this morning is a lot cooler and more refreshing than it has been in a while.

ros- Sorry to hear about DF's Playstation!

Jamie- Glad you had fun in Hershey. I've been there, but never to the park.

reanna- Nice to "see" you! LOL about the moth- I am the same way! Also, good vibes for your DH's surgery... I remember you posted about
     his reaction to some fruit- is it related to that?

Meg- Yay for trying on your dress again- so nice that you don't need many alterations. Have a wonderful long weekend- you deserve it after your 10 day work week!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Good morning everyone!

I hope you are all have wonderful Wednesdays!

I'm feeling kinda like a waste today. I'm waiting for the keys to the townhouse to start moving boxes. I'm home everyday because school's out for the summer so I SHOULD be packing but I've packed so much I have no idea what to do next. I think I need to move the boxes out today and tomorrow (movers are coming for the furniture on Friday) before I can figure out what to do next. I always feel bad sitting around doing nothing though- but isn't that a perk of being a teacher?! I am very excited to move and can hardly wait!

We have a sick puppy. We had to take him to the emergency vet last night. Not fun. He seems to be in better spirits today so keep your fingers crossed.

Does anyone else have problems with the knot freezing up on them? I have it on my home computer and my school computer so I'm guessing it has to be the website.

ros- my fiance is addicted to his PS3 but honestly, I can use that time to shamelessly browse wedding websites and these message boards so I don't mind :-) He doesn't play it too much anymore though. He'll be super into a game for a week and then it's pretty much back to normal. Boys and their video games :-)

Meg- My mom got her dress too. She's really excited about it. She can't stop talking about shoe/jewelry options.

Have a great day everyone!

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning all!  Busy with wedding stuff yesterday and a Zumba class, then my MOH and I went to a Japanese-themed Yelp party- those are always fun :)  She came over afterwards and we cooked dinner, tried on clothes, and worked through table assignments for our friends.

Trisha, good luck with the limo search!  That took us awhile too.
    Jamie, glad Hershey was so fun!  It sounds awesone- all those roller coasters!
    Reanna, many vibes for your DH- I hope his surgery goes smoothly and he has an easy recovery.
    Meg, lucky you, have a wonderful trip to the lake house!
    Kim, that sucks about your power outage- 14 hours without power?!  Yikes, glad your food was all ok.
    McKenzie, sorry to hear your dog is sick :(  I hope he's doing better today.  Good luck with all that packing!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mm- Good luck with the move! And many good vibes to your pup! Also, about the knot freezing... do you still have the knot TV? If so, it can really mess up your computer. There's a way to get rid of it: Right click on Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh (in green at the top of the page), then choose "open in new tab." Bookmark it that way so you never have to deal with the knot TV again!

LaFemme- What's a Japanese themed Yelp party? Are we talking Yelp, as in the site where you can review businesses? Whatever it is, sounds fun!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim- yep, that same Yelp!  I'm a "Yelp Elite" and they throw parties for us about once a month with different themes, food, drinks, and activities.  They're fun and free!  This one was at a trendy new Japanese restaurant and had a DJ playing Japanese and Korean dance music, sake cocktails, sushi, an Actionbooth, etc.

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Kim- I did what you said and it's now working! I was getting so frustrated! Thanks so much.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    mm- No problem!

LaFemme- That's awesome! I just joined Yelp a couple of weeks ago to review my dentist. I will have to look into becoming an elite member.
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen- That sounds awesome!
    Jamie- Glad you had fun at Hershey!
    DUQ- yay for a 5 day weekend! Have fun!
    MM- I would feel the same way, but he takes up the big TV with the PS3 and I can never watch my shows in HD haha!
    Reanna- hope DH's surgery goes ok!
    Kim- glad your power is back on!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim- here's the info!

http://www.yelp.com/elite

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_good-morning-78?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:116Discussion:bace15e4-bbe6-4bd1-ae44-13c39bb17529Post:e9ca98bf-f5f3-44fe-9bdc-31a419064596">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kim- here's the info! <a href="http://www.yelp.com/elite" rel="nofollow">http://www.yelp.com/elite</a>
    Posted by LaFemmeRousse[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks!
  • Options
    reannalynnereannalynne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The fruit is actually a completely different situation. He is just having bad luck the past month or two. thanks for all the vibes :D

His grandmother will be at the hospital with us and my mom took off that day too, so i don't kill my GmIL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards