Registry and Gift Forum

Bedding

I'm having a hard time deciding on bedding for our registry. Right now we share a full size bed, which is pretty worn and I would really like to replace it in the near future, as well as probably go up to a queen. But in reality I don't know how soon that is going to be. I'd like to register for a nice set of sheets, as well as a duvet cover, etc., but don't know if I should register for sheets in the size of bed we have now or with the future in mind. Should I register for the bigger sheets, in the hopes of getting the new mattress? Or should I stick with the size that we have now?

Re: Bedding

• register for the bigger bed and bedding.  A lot of places giv eyou a discount to buy items from your registry that your guests didn't purcahse for you.  It could help you get the get the queen size bed sooner, and you'll already have sheets.
  • A lot of duvets, depending on where you register, fit on both a full AND a queen bed.  They are a size full/queen.

I don't know what to tell you about sheets.  Personally, I'd register for sheets for a queen bed.  JMO.
  • I would go with the queen.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a queen, and are going to get a king at some point. I registered for king everything. I'll have this bed a year tops... I'll have my beautiful bedding for far longer then that.
  • We're in a similar situation and have decided to get queen things.  We figure they'll be more useful in the long term.
    my read shelf:
    Amber Lea's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) imageTell Me A Tale
  • Queen.  Then, if you don't get the new bed soon, you just need to buy a full size fitted sheet in order to use the new things with the bed you currently have.  It doesn't work so well the other direction, though.

DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • We're in the same situation.  We registered for queen sheets and duvet covers.  I bought a cheap set at target a few weeks ago in a queen size because they didn't have any full size at the time so I thought it was a full/queen.  I put it on our full bed and they fit fine. 

So register for the queen size.  Even if you don't upgrade your bed right away you'll still be able to use them with just a little extra tucking :)
  • We had this same issue. When we get married we'll have a queen set but know that soon after we'll be moving up to a King. All of the stuff we registered for is King size, and I'll buy two queen size sheets sets in January during the white sales...
    *Jeremiah 29:11* SoyFreeBlog
  • Thanks for the help : )

I was thinking that we should do that too, I was just unsure when we'd get our mattress. I'm thinking about having a registry at Macy's so we can register for a mattress and then get the discount for it afterwards too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards