Military Brides

davids bridal

since this is the military board i was wondering if anyone knows if davids bridal offers a military discount? i got my dress for free through brides of america (amazing program!) but i still need to get my veil and bridesmaids dresses. i plan on buying everything in full the day i go in for my appointment. but it would be nice to know if i can get a discount on everything else even though i already have my dress. also does anyone know if i can bring in my dress to try on veils with it? i dont know if they would let me or not since i didnt get my dress there.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: davids bridal

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

I haven't heard that they offer one, but I've also never asked.  Are you paying for your BM's dresses?  If you are, and if they do offer a discount, I would be surprised if they extended it to your BM dresses.  And at David's you have to pay in full before they will order anything for you.  As for bringing the dress in I'm not sure if they would let you.  I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't allow it. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Sammy0709Sammy0709 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't believe they do.  I bought a dress for the ball there recently.  I didn't ask for one, though.  I never do. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    My BMs received a discount on dresses and shoes (non-sale items only) since I bought my dress there.  They gave me a bunch of coupons for other vendors and a couple were specifically for military use but that was it that I'm aware of. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • futuremrsabefuturemrsabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls! i only ask about the discount cuz im on a tight budget. im not one of those people who tries to get a military discount out of everything (though i do know a lot who do. lol.) but for the bigger purchases it would be nice. i guess my best bet is to just call and ask about bringing my dress in. thats the biggest thing im worried about. but thanks for the quick replies anyways!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Future-- I dunno if Toledo has a Tip Top Tux but they offer 50% off FI tux if your FI is Military and not wearing his Uniform, they also give all the GM 20% of their tuxes since your FI is military.

just a FYI! :)
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Hey, there is nothing wrong with looking into discounts.  DH almost always asks and he always shows his Military ID with his debit card since it isn't signed.  We just got back from our honeymoon in Disney World and some Disney locations offer a military discount and some don't, how weird is that? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    I see nothing wrong with asking for discounts - no company is under an obligation to offer a discount to our men and women in uniform or their families, but many do as a "thank you" for the service and sacrifice.  That said, we're certainly not entitled to them, but there's no harm in asking if there's already a discount.

A friendly, "Hey, just wondering, do you happen to offer a discount for military service?" is easy enough, and they can just say "yes" or "no" and that's the end of it.

Anniversary

• futuremrsabefuturemrsabe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    shan- he's not planning on wearing his dress blues because he says "military is a part of my everyday life. i want one day thats separate from that." lol. but unfortunately there are no tip top tux's close to me. =( thanks for the tip tho!

as for other discounts. im not opposed to asking for them but i know a few people that go to chick-fil-a and get a 50% discount even though they make quite a bit of money being in the military. lol. to me thats just a bit ridiculous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beachy730Beachy730 member
    edited December 2011
    Is there a Tuxedo Junction near you?  We are originally from NY, so thats where we went, and they do a great deal for military.  We were able to pick any tux in the store.  H got his completely free, and anyone else renting one paid like $110 I think, and that included pants, shirt, vest, jacket, tie, and shoes.  Usually when they give price quotes thats just for the pants, shirt, and vest I believe, and everything else is extra. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
     Alfred Angelo offers a military discount. I ordered my girls dresses from there :) I do not remember David's Bridal offering military discounts. I'm not sure of other's experiences with DB, but I've had several friends swear off usinng them for thier own weddings. 
    Good luck in your search.
    Brittany and Matthew December 28 USAF- Proud Fianc? Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    David's does not do that, especially if you did not get your dress there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards