August 2012 Weddings

TGIF Survey!

Hey guys, ready for the weekly get to know you survey?

1. What is your favourite song to listen to when you just want to cry?
2. What do you do for a living?
3. How did you tell your future-in-laws and your parents that you were getting married? Were they excited?
4. What's your favourite pizza topping?
5. Are you having an indoor or outdoor ceremony/reception?

Re: TGIF Survey!

• 1. "Here I am to Worship" from church. It's so beautiful!
    2. I'm a full time student, part time barista at Starbucks.
    3. FI's parents and my parents were across the field. He had proposed while we were watching Canada Day fireworks, and insisted we sit away from the during the fireworks show. I ran and told them, and my Mom started crying.
    4. Mushrooms. I miss pizza, I can't eat it right now. :(
    5. Indoor for both. Alberta's weather is too unpredictable for that!
  • 1. What is your favourite song to listen to when you just want to cry?
    Lots of them, I love sad music (kind of weird?).  Right now probably "Blessings" by Laura Story because it really ties in with my life.
    Labor and delivery RN
    3. How did you tell your future-in-laws and your parents that you were getting married? Were they excited?
    We called them both a little after the proposal.  They were shocked.  FI had asked my dad for his blessing, but my dad hadn't ever told my mom.  Fi's parents had NO clue! 
    pepperoni, green pepper, and onion
    Everything will be indoor.  Ceremony at the church, then reception at a reception hall nearby. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    "I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan

Right now, I'm a fitness teacher but just got a new job as a Preschool teacher starting in a few weeks!

Well, the in-laws were there when it happened. We told my mom that same night when we stopped by her house. Definitely excitement all
    around.

Feta & black olive. Or mashed potato.

Outdoor ceremony, indoor reception.

Anything semi sappy will make me cry. So, I don't really have a favorite.
    I work as an Intern for the Country Inn & Suites Conference center. I help plan meetings, events and wedding receptions!
    My FI had talked with his mom already whe he got me the ring and he asked my dad. So, they already knew and when we got enagaged they were super happy for us.
    Pinapple
    All indoor and only pictures will be outside.
    A lot of songs will make me cry, but three big ones are "Butterfly Kisses" by Bob Carlise (my sister and Dad danced to this at both of her weddings, and I'm a sap so it makes me cry), "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood (I come from a patriotic family, and my senior class sang this during the Patriots Day service in September of 2005, and my sister who is a veteran was in the crowd, I sang specifically to her and cried the entire time), and "Sissy's Song" by Alan Jackson (my best friend was killed in a car accident in Dec. 2009, she was 21, and this song was played at her funeral).

Currently I answer telehone for my FIs tax business, and do some data entry for another friend's business, my seasonal cashier position ended, and I am filling out applications daily for nursing and other positions!!  My FI is amazing and very much ok with supporting me while I get through this job search process!!

My FI had asked my Dad, who told my Mom the next day.  Also had asked his Dad for his blessing.  My Mom feigned surprise when i called to tell her, she and my Dad were super excited for us!!  FI's Dad not as impressed (called us stupid and said we were making a mistake, that we should just stay dating and never get married.  His parents divorced, and his Dad is still scarred by it), but his Mom was excited!!  His Dad has come around at this point, does some stuff to help us, but doesn't ask much about it like everyone else..  My Aunt (a second mom to me) found out the Sunday after we got engaged.  We were at my parents and had a bottle of wine with 5 glasses (my parents, my FI, my aunt, and I), and wedding magazines spread out on the table.  She didn't realize what was happening until I made it obvious by resting my chin on my hand with my new ring on it!!  She was ecstatic!! 

Pinapple or Pepperoni and Sausage depending on my mood

Indoor for both (ceremony and reception venues are a block apart), some pictures outdoor if weather stays nice!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1.What is your favourite song to listen to when you just want to cry?
    The Dance by Garth Brooks, and Christmas Shoes by Newsong.
    I am a real estate agent/ office manager
    My mom was excited my dad knew because my fi asked for his blessing, his parents didnt really care too much, but are still happy.
    Bacon
    Indoor for both Ceremony at the church and reception at a reception hall near by.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Flowers
    image 160 Invited
    image 2 are ready to party with there boots on! image 0 have better things to do image158 are trying to find there boots
    RSVP Date: July 25th
    Jumper, Third Eye Blind.
    Right now I'm a student, but I will be an art and object conservator when I'm finished.
    We called them when we got off our cruise (where FI proposed). He'd told them he was going to, they were really excited.
    Bell peppers and pineapple. Because I'm odd.
    Indoor for both.
    Little Wonders-Rob Thomas, Angels-Robbie Williams, or Adele
    I do outreach work for a mental health agency. I'm hoping to have my marriage and family therapy license by the end of the year so that I can do therapy with kids and families.
    FI asked my parents ahead of time and proposed to me the day before my family was coming up for my graduation (from grad school) and they saw the ring on my finger. FI told his family over the phone. I think everyone saw it coming.
    Artichokes
    Definitely indoor. I wouldn't risk it with the weather.
    Omg so many song make me emotional, mostly b/c they remind me of my deceased grandma. Off the top of my head, You Are My Sunshine, Two Sparrows in a Hurricane (Trisha Yearwood), The River (Garth Brooks) and so many more. It's pretty easy to make me cry.

I am a Cardiac Sonographer, which means I perform ultrasounds of the heart.

We told my mom and dad by phone right after it happened. They were expecting it b/c FI had asked my dad. We stopped by his parents house right after b/c we were close. Everyone was very happy!!

Pepperoni

Indoor reception, outdoor but well covered ceremony.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hmmm...well I usually try to avoid music like that lol It really just depends on my mood. I can't think of one right off the top of my head though.

I work in the IT department at an insurance company. FI works at the same company, but different department.

FI told FILs he was going to ask...they were mad when they found out he actually did though, because he told them by text lol We were on vacation in Indiana though, at my parents lake house and there is terrible reception there. They got over it and were excited. My parents watched him do it, and he told them he was going to do it, so my mom took pics and they were excited-took us on a ferry ride and to dinner!

Depends. I totally miss the pizza place in the area I grew up in-there, I love the "royal feast" and the combo of sausage, pepperoni, peppers, onions, and mushrooms it has. Otherwise, cheese lol

Outdoor ceremony, indoor reception.
    imageAnniversary
  • random4180random4180 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Nothing particular, I don't ever really listen to something planning to cry and if I'm going to cry, I don't really need a catalyst?

I'm an Assistant Teacher at a special education preschool, I primarily work 1:1 with one particular four-year-old.

My fiance asked my dad beforehand and he told my mom so they were just waiting for me to call! But since FI proposed just before midnight, I waited until the next morning. We were in the woods and had terrible reception but I called as many of my siblings (8) as I could and then we finally got in touch with his family that night (we had such trouble getting anyone to pick up! FI had to text my dad because it was getting down to the wire with when he wanted to propose and he still hadn't gotten through to him!) They were excited, lol, I even had to text a pic of my ring to my mom so she could see it! 

I generally load it up with veggies and soy cheese. 

Both are indoors but there is an outdoor patio attached to our reception venue that we plan to have tented (the buffet and bar will likely be outside.)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 1. What is your favourite song to listen to when you just want to cry? I don't have one.
    2. What do you do for a living? RN, just got my masters in Dec... and will be an FNP when I take my test
    3. How did you tell your future-in-laws and your parents that you were getting married? Were they excited? Well, his mom knew because she went with him to help pick out the ring. I don't remember how we told his dad it's been so long. My dad knew because he asked him before proposing. I called my mom up. Yep they were excited....my dad got a passport before the proposal in excitement for the desination wedding although that changed but I thought it was cute.
    4. What's your favourite pizza topping? pep and pineapple
    5. Are you having an indoor or outdoor ceremony/reception?outdoor ceremony and most likely indoor reception but I can do all in or all out if I want.
  • edited January 2012
    "8th of November" by Big & Rich. Doesn't make me cry but gets me choked up everytime I hear it.

I am a veterinarian.

Before he proposed to me, my fiance asked my dad for permission to marry me...which wasn't easy because my dad is German and speaks virtually no English :) After he proposed, my fiance told his parents, and I told my mom. Apparently, it wasn't a big surprise to anyone but me but they were very happy!

Black olives

We are having the ceremony at our church and the reception indoors as well. Can't trust that Illinois weather :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards