Military Brides

Weekend plans?

What's everyone up to this weekend? Lurkers? Got any plans you'd like to share too? Spill it.

As for me, I will be stealing my H away from his books to go to dinner tonight. Tomorrow is a girls night now for me. YAY!

Re: Weekend plans?

• I will be working my last weekend at my current job.  Still trying to find a real job post-retirement and took a minimum wage cashier job at Meijer (very similiar to Walmart, in 5 states) until something came along.

Well, this MOB's back says the job is a bad idea so I have to finish my current schedule and then I am unemployed again while I keep looking.  My weekend plans consist of "Did you find everything ok?"

Enjoy dinner with your DH.  Our anniversary is next Friday so we are going out to dinner then.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-plans-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:69c1e80b-883b-4855-9cf3-201f0cc99c23Post:aee32f40-4c24-4b2e-9838-04c5930368e4">Re: Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I will be working my last weekend at my current job.  Still trying to find a real job post-retirement and took a minimum wage cashier job at Meijer (very similiar to Walmart, in 5 states) until something came along. Well, this MOB's back says the job is a bad idea so I have to finish my current schedule and then I am unemployed again while I keep looking.  My weekend plans consist of "Did you find everything ok?" Enjoy dinner with your DH.  Our anniversary is next Friday so we are going out to dinner then.
    Posted by kmmssg[/QUOTE]
    Retail is the pits. I did it for wayyyyyy too long. Glad it's almost over for you! Any good leads on another job? 
  • Hey lady!  H and I have been in our hometown for the last week and a half and are heading back home tomorrow.  He still has a week of leave when we get back so we will do lots of nothing.

Hope things are going well with you!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Hello Everyone... Just saying HEEEYY

I just had one of the most stressful meetings in a long time. I need a glass of wine.  Then about 30 minutes later I just walked up to someone to talk with them about an issue, and  they were getting chewed out by their boss, but I was too close to just turn around, so I stood there for a couple of minutes and then pretended like I was talking to someone else. I feel so awkward.

This weekend I am relaxing at home. Doing a whole bunch of nothing..

Photobucket
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-plans-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:69c1e80b-883b-4855-9cf3-201f0cc99c23Post:22125725-5fbc-451c-b420-174c98127031">Re: Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey lady!  H and I have been in our hometown for the last week and a half and are heading back home tomorrow.  He still has a week of leave when we get back so we will do lots of nothing. Hope things are going well with you!
    Posted by Beachy730[/QUOTE]
    HOLD THE FREAKING PHONE. Beachy is pregnant!?!?!?<div>
    </div><div>SQUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna go post on your FB now! </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Justttt kidding :)</div><div>
    </div><div>ETA: DUH! I forgot to add congrats! </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_weekend-plans-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:69c1e80b-883b-4855-9cf3-201f0cc99c23Post:309880d8-4858-4588-8c50-468f007527ee">Re: Weekend plans?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend plans? : Retail is the pits. I did it for wayyyyyy too long. Glad it's almost over for you! Any good leads on another job? 
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

<div>I have applied for a couple of GS 5 positions, am in the waiting phase for interviews.  My last job in the military was super high stress and it was taking a toll on my physical health.    I don't want anything corporate and I really don't want to supervise a team or anything.  GS 5+ for the next few years would be just fine. </div><div>
    </div><div>Retail people have my most empathetic sympathies.  That stuff sucks and you certainly can't live on that kind of money.</div>
  • Oh yeah, congrats on the little Peanut, Beachy!!
  • Thanks ladies.  Yeah i forgot that TB shares sigs with TK and that it would show up.  We're really excited!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • We moved.  Finally!  DH got his orders - he starts in a week in Newport.  Squeeeee!  So we moved out of my parents' house on Saturday and drove all our stuff to an adorable house right near downtown Newport. 

We're mostly unpacked - still have some clothes to do and neatly stack the empty boxes as there's no point in throwing them out or even breaking them down as we've got a big ol' basement and we're moving again in 6 months, but the kitchen & bathrooms are all set, and more than half the clothes are put away.

Now sleep... so tired... my commute went from 30 minutes each way to 50 minutes each way, but it's worth it.

Anniversary

• I just came on to squee over Beach's raspberry. Laughing So much cooler than when it was a poppy seed.
  • Love that little raspberry! So so happy for you Beachy!!!
  • AWWWW!!! Congrats Beach! :D
  • AmandaSC1988AmandaSC1988 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited October 2012
    I feel like a jerk, lol I don't keep sigs on..

Congrats Beach!

Congrats Cal for getting out in your own place!

Everyone has such great news lately! :-)
    Photobucket
  • Thanks ladies!!  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards