Pennsylvania
Options

Honeymoon- Resort or cruise??

I am trying to decide on a honeymoon place.  I checked out Sandals resort in Jamaica.  The Negril resort was one of the ones that had the most to do and was priced kind of in the middle.  the price for six nights is $2280 for both of us plus airfaire will be about $300-$500 each.  It is an all inclusive resort.    My second option so far is a carnival cruise from NY to the Grand Turk and Bahamas for 8 nights. The price would be about $760 each.  Its pretty much all inclusive but I guess you have to pay for drinks.  Does anyone have any advice as to which might be the better option?  My fiance went on a cruise before but I have not and we both have never been to Sandals.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon- Resort or cruise??

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For us we chose a resort, because we are beach people. Both options are really great and I don't think you could go wrong either way. I would probably choose Sandals because they really cater to guests on their HM, and it may feel a little more intimate compared to a cruise ship.
    "If wine is getting in the way of your work, get rid of the work."
    Updated Bio
    E-mail Me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am having the same problem! My fiance wants to go on a cruise, but I am just not sure. I dont know if I like the idea of being stuck on the boat...although he says you cant even really tell. Did the cruise you looked at dock at diffrent islands?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah the cruise is going to three different islands. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were debating between a cruise and a resort too.... we ended up settling on a resort in Riveria Maya, Mexico. It just seemed like we would get more of what we were looking for in terms of HM at the resort and we can do a cruise another time.
    Amy & Eric 10-16-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Both options are great. We re doing an 8 day cruise. We are leaving out of Puerto Rico and going to Barbados, St Lucia, Antigua, St Marteen,and St kitts St Croix. We picked a cruise because we have already done an AI before and wanted something different.. Neither one of us are big beach people so this is the better option for us. When we did an AI we still ended up spending almost 1000 dollars extra. They imclude food, drinks, pools etc but if you want to do anything off of the resort its extra. We got bored after a few days at the resort so we went on some excursions.
  • Options
    l1ltaral1ll1ltaral1l member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a cruise from Spain that docks in Italy, Greece, Egypt and Malta.  The cruise is $1099 a person, and we have to pay for our airfare.  I guess it really depends on what you like....are you laid back hang out on the beach all day people?  Or do you like to be on the move kind of people?  I have heard Sandals is great for a HM from others.  I've never been on a cruise, so I am nervous myself. I'm sure you'll have an awesome time no matter what! :-) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got back from a 10 night cruise on Celebrity through Italy, Turkey, and Greece- not my honeymoon, but still amazing! There are tons of options for beverage packages on cruises. If you know your FI is only a beer drinker, than take advantage and buy it ahead, or if you know you will only have mixed drinks. It saves a lot of money and worry about what your bar tab will be at the end. Also, there are packages for bottled water- which you definitely need if getting off the ship. Overall, the drinks were reasonably priced in you did not have a package- I did not have one drink over $8 and I had some fancy drinks and frozen too. On this cruise, food was completely included in the price, except if you wanted to upgrade to specialty restaurants. Even free room service 24/7! There were ALOT of couples honeymooning on this cruise, and they all said how great it was because it gave them the envrionment of a resort on the ship, but they were able to go on excursions at each port, or visit romantic sites. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have! It was a great cruise!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards