Texas

Port Aransas Wedding Help

Hey There! 

I am planning a wedding, or at least starting to plan, in Port Aransas.  Does anyone have any experience with vendors in that area?  I am looking for info on caterer, videographer, DJ, and for cakes.  I have found several in each area, but just want any feedback if people have used vendors in that area or had experience with them before, good or bad.  ANYTHING will be helpful!!  Thanks!
Anniversary

Re: Port Aransas Wedding Help

• edited December 2011
    I just started planning a Port A wedding to. Since I don't live there (I'm in Houston), I decided to use a wedding planner. Lou Ann with Event Creations has been amazing! She knows all the good dependable vendors in the area. 

For videographer/ photographer, she gave me a couple of names: D&P Photography and Creative Photo Design. She has a caterer but I haven't met them yet and don't remember the name :-/ Bundy's Bakery makes VERY tasty cakes.

I definitely recommend getting a planner. Lou Ann isn't that expensive and she's already saved me a LOT of heartache.

Good luck!
  • Jessicanell09Jessicanell09 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great, thank you!  I would love to know the vendors you use once you decide, if you don't mind. Just to get ideas.  I'm currently searching for DJs and Videographers in the area.  My fiance is from near there so he has family that is helping me out on all of it since we do not live there either.  But, I still like to know other's viewpoints on vendors used.  I have also heard of Bundy's and will actually be heading to Port A tomorrow to check out a venue and plan on stopping by. 

Thanks again and good luck also!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

That is great you got a planner. It can be very hard planning your wedding from so far away. For Photography try Griffin Photography out of the SA area. www.griffinfoto.com. She just shot a friend of mine's wedding in CC. She grew up in Corpus Christi and knows the area very well. I think she even has beach wedding specials and her style is more modern and fun than some of the photography I have seen in the CC/Port A area.

My friend used
    Ladeda for the rentals, razzle dazzle also has great stuff
    Simply Elegant for the cake
    Texas Sound for the DJ

I am not to sure about catering, but I heard that Jack Bell is decent
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards