Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

The Master's Baker

Has anyone used The Master's Baker? They are the baker's that come with our reception package so I wanted to know if anyone on here has used them or heard anything about them good or bad. TIA

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The Master's Baker

• We are using them for our wedding next month.  They are also included in our reception package so we didn't "shop around" for a baker.  I always heard great things about their cakes from friends and family.  We had the tasting a couple months ago and were very happy!  The cakes were beautiful and delicious!  They sent us home with so much extra cake.  The woman we met with (Christy, I think) was so friendly and helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_the-masters-baker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:cae89eb0-b30d-4316-a64f-5de99b520406Post:8d9c508c-bb26-4d1c-b172-071ec6f4dcd7">Re: The Master's Baker</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are using them for our wedding next month.  They are also included in our reception package so we didn't "shop around" for a baker.  I always heard great things about their cakes from friends and family.  We had the tasting a couple months ago and were very happy!  The cakes were beautiful and delicious!  They sent us home with so much extra cake.  The woman we met with (Christy, I think) was so friendly and helpful.
    Posted by KirNJake[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! I was hoping someone would say this lol. Our tasting is in June. Any tips for the tasting? Do you mind me asking what is your venue?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Master Baker is AMAZING! My family uses their cakes for everything. Even when they moved away, they still drive out of the way to get a Master Baked cake! You will be very, very happy with your wedding cake. I'm jealous! 
    Engaged on August 13, 2011. Getting married on June 30, 2012 at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, PA
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_the-masters-baker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:cae89eb0-b30d-4316-a64f-5de99b520406Post:aaff8656-d21c-4489-bc6b-f2a78ae25426">Re: The Master's Baker</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Master Baker is AMAZING! My family uses their cakes for everything. Even when they moved away, they still drive out of the way to get a Master Baked cake! You will be very, very happy with your wedding cake. I'm jealous! 
    Posted by MK&T[/QUOTE]

Thanks MK&T!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • had26had26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    They come with our catering package as well and we are planning to use them.  We haven't done the tasting yet.  I was told that I should just call them the day before, give them the flavors we wanted to try and we could just pick up the samples and take them home.  Is that what y'all did?  I'm looking forward to tasting as I've heard nothing but great things about them!
  • get the chocolate chip!   
    Engaged on August 13, 2011. Getting married on June 30, 2012 at The Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, PA
  • They are included in my package as well and one of my friend's family uses them for everything. The tasting went really well but I would definitely tell them which flavors you want to taste (I happened to taste almost all ones I won't want (that I would have known ahead of time). You get to taste 5 there and take 2 home though so you can really get a good sampling!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_the-masters-baker?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:cae89eb0-b30d-4316-a64f-5de99b520406Post:99fed212-8ded-4f69-9c54-ec494443d617">Re: The Master's Baker</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Master's Baker : Thanks so much! I was hoping someone would say this lol. Our tasting is in June. Any tips for the tasting? Do you mind me asking what is your venue?
    Posted by Johnsonk313[/QUOTE]

Our venue is The Old Mill.  We were told cakes from certain galleries on their website (or similar) were included.  The fancier ones would be an additional charge.  We didn't want to pay extra so we just picked a design we liked and incorporated our colors. Like PP said, we picked 5 to try there and 2 to take home.  I think they had a cancelled appointment or something because they ended up giving us sooo much to take home.  We loved vanilla cream and chocolate chip!  Just take a look at their galleries and get an idea of what you want.  We even left our cake topper there that day so one less thing to get to the venue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They are included in our package as well! is anyone booked at penn oaks golf club?
  • In Response to Re:The Master's Baker:[QUOTE]They come with our catering package as well and we are planning to use them.nbsp; We haven't done the tasting yet.nbsp; I was told that I should just call them the day before, give them the flavors we wanted to try and we could just pick up the samples and take them home.nbsp; Is that what y'all did?nbsp; I'm looking forward to tasting as I've heard nothing but great things about them! Posted by had26[/QUOTE]

I would just double check that with them. When I called to make an appointment for my cake testing they told me I had to do it online and their first available appointment wasn't until June 23rd.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:The Master's Baker:[QUOTE]They are included in our package as well! is anyone booked at penn oaks golf club? Posted by swimmeg7[/QUOTE]

Our's is at McCall Golf club.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Masters Baker is awesome.

I used them for my first wedding in 2005 for my wedding cake and groom's cake and I'm using them for my second wedding next month. You can book your appt. on-line via their facebook page. 

I had my tasting last week and it was fantastic! The wedding cake with my ex was choc chip and vanilla and I'm having the lemon, choc chip and vanilla this time around.   The only thing that disappointed me was that they no longer do their choc mouse filling for wedding cakes b/c of refrigeration issues. 

Good luck!

• For anyone whose cake isn't included, how much is Master's Baker charging you per slice? I'm interested in a Groom's Cake, but need some info before I contact them.

Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am having my tasting at the Master Baker's in a couple of weeks.  The cake is included in my reception package.  I'll let you know how it goes.

• Good to know they seem like a good bakery! My spankin' new fiance and I are going for our first site visit this weekend and they are the cake provider.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards