• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!  Best wishes Marrin!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Same date different year!  congrats!Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Your wedding is coming up fast Marrin. How does it feel knowing you are going to be married in the next 3weeks? Best Wishes!
  • Options
    Marrin713Marrin713 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Hey - it feels weird I guess.  I recently became estranged from my son and he said he will not be attending so that has really brought my excitement levels down a few notches.  I worry about him incessantly anyway.  It's like I can't feel happy if I am worried about him.  My universe is not balanced. Undecided

Luckily my friend keeps everything on track as far as the planning goes.  We have the final payment to the venue due in two weeks.  My guest count is in - just a couple I have to track down.  We are having a hosted bar so that'll be the only surprise (I hope) on the day of the reception.

My mom will be in town on Monday and will stay for 6 weeks.  Not with us the whole time but in the area.  I have dresses, jewelry, shoes, rings, groom.  No license yet - we have to do that next week.

I thought there was someone else here in July of 2010?
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to you on your upcoming wedding! I'm really sorry to hear about your son, that's a hard mark to handle on a very big time in your life. I hope things work out with him going foward and that you have a wonderful day with your almost-husband! Post some pictures of everything when you get a chance.

I'm July 30th, so maybe you were thinking of me?
    2 IVFs & 1 FET. Welcome home baby girl!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sloane - I knew there was someone else.  How's it going for you?
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's going great so far, I'm getting really excited and we still have a month so I'm trying to focus on other things, especially since we chose Vegas so that we didn't have to make a wedding such a big focus! I am really looking forward to seeing some friends we haven't seen in a while as well and am honored by the people travelling to be with us.

I think everything's in place and good to go though, a few loose ends and some $$ to pay and then it's all out of my control :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sloane....youre getting married on my b-day :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Sloane99Sloane99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_am-next?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:7fa64a74-252b-4a8e-b434-71faabbb79d8Post:c8652443-65fd-4f73-8c0b-f98998e23501">Re: Am I next.....</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sloane....youre getting married on my b-day :)
    Posted by mma3[/QUOTE]

We'll have a drink (or ten) for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I can't believe how quickly the time is going by.  I'm so happy for you.  I'm so sorry that you're going through this, especially when it's supposed to be such a happy time.  I can completely understand the anxiety with the kids.  It's the hardest job there is.  They have know idea how we worry about them, unfortunately, they won't until it's their turn.  As bad as things may seem, I still believe that things have a way of working there way out.  Sometime you just have to take a deep breath look ahead and concentrate on the good.
      My best wishes for you and your FI on your big day.  I'm so excited for you.  :)  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm next on 7-3-10. Everything is ready to go.
  • Options
    MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations to the July 2010 Brides!!!

Marrin, I'm sorry about your son being a brat.  I'm like Erin though and believe that these things have a way of working themselves out.  Please post pictures of your day we all want to see!!
  • Options
    melissamc2melissamc2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, so close for some of you!  I hope you're all doing well and that everything is falling into place.

Marrin - I'm sorry to hear about the situation with your son.  I hope it can be resolved to some degree by wedding time.
    10-10-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ZipB - yup, got me by a week!
  • Options
    NJ JenNJ Jen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, my wedding's tomorrow!

So sorry about you and your son. There's still time - maybe he'll come around?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and good luck Jen!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats to all the July 2010 Brides!! If you are as excited as I am and I'm 3 months out I know you are excited!!
    Hang in there Marrin!!! I've been thinking of you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh how exciting once you hit your month it goes so fast so happy for you! I will have a drink or two for you as well! AWESOME!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards