Arizona-Phoenix

I think I am over thinking

Hi Ladies,

This isn't 100% a local topic, but I guess I just need a piece of mind.

Here is my situation. My FI and I planned on paying for our wedding and getting a little help here and there. His grandmother ended up paying  for our venue (The Wright House there, now its local Smile)  (because she wanted to) and my mother and his mother are contributing here and there, and we are paying for the rest. His mother and grandmother are paying for our honeymoon as well (Atlantis). 

Now I think I am over analyzing who is "paying" for or who is hosting the wedding. I already printed my invites as the bride and groom inviting everyone, and now I am printing my return labels and second guessing who is hosting or if their names should be on something. Is it ok to have it coming from the bride and groom when his family payed for our venue and honeymoon?

Re: I think I am over thinking

• edited March 2012
    Hmm. Never thought of together with their families, they just say "the honor of your presence  is requested at the marriage of  bride and groom"
  • I think since you already printed your invtes, you should let it go.  Then at the wedding just make sure you thank you family (maybe even people specifcially like parents grandparents by name) for "Helping to make this special day possible".   This way your kind of giving a public thanks letthing them know how much you appreciate them without having to reprint everything. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_i-think-i-am-over-thinking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:71Discussion:27652c26-72c8-4ccf-9176-a1fa3b304f59Post:a2a7b898-d8ce-4570-b933-4938f02b338a">Re: I think I am over thinking</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think since you already printed your invtes, you should let it go.  Then at the wedding just make sure you thank you family (maybe even people specifcially like parents grandparents by name) for "Helping to make this special day possible".   This way your kind of giving a public thanks letthing them know how much you appreciate them without having to reprint everything. 
    Posted by MikaMyers1985[/QUOTE]

I agree with this since they're already printed. I think your wording sounds great either way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards