Attire & Accessories Forum

Please HELP- Wedding Dress Crisis

My mom recently bought me a wedding dress for around $3,000. It is a beautiful dress but I was a little pressured into buying it. Now I really want another dress. I don't at all want to sound ungrateful or selfish. The dress truly is gorgeous, the problem is it doesn't fit my style or personality. I want to feel beaurtiful, confident and happy when I walk down the aisle but don't have the money or the heart to just buy another dress. What should/could I do? PLEASE HELP. @The Knot: Please feel free to chime in. Thanks everyone!

Re: Please HELP- Wedding Dress Crisis

• Do you have a picture of you in the gown?  Did you love it when you had it on?  If so you really should have stopped shopping...  IF you really do hate the gown you can try to sell it... Although you probably won't get all of what you paid for it....  Is it a completely different style than you want?  I mean what is it about the dress that you don't like?  Can you maybe add some accessories that you like to make it more something that you'd love?  Just an idea because that to me is a lot of money to throw away ... even if it wasnt' your money.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_please-help-wedding-dress-crisis?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:804df841-2c74-4f75-8f83-95bdc0f3c82cPost:49069399-054d-45a7-b79b-bb3de73c1319">Re: Please HELP- Wedding Dress Crisis</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have a picture of you in the gown?  Did you love it when you had it on?  If so you really should have stopped shopping...  IF you really do hate the gown you can try to sell it... Although you probably won't get all of what you paid for it....  Is it a completely different style than you want?  I mean what is it about the dress that you don't like?  Can you maybe add some accessories that you like to make it more something that you'd love?  Just an idea because that to me is a lot of money to throw away ... even if it wasnt' your money.
    Posted by amber0389[/QUOTE]

THIS!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• Could it be altered to look more like "you"?  It's amazing what alterations can do to a dress.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I agree with PP asking how you felt about the dress at the time.  And I am also interested in hearing what it is specifically about the dress that you don't feel is "you."  Do you like the basic shape and it just needs some bling?  Does it have too much going on?  Not enough?  You could definitely look into having some simple alterations done to make it fit your idea of the dream dress.  Just be careful with that because alterations can get expensive quickly.  

If you loved it before and are just getting nervous now or changing your mind try posting a pic of you in it here.  We're usually good at reassuring how beautiful brides look in their gowns!  Plus we love seeing pretty dresses...  ;)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards