Wedding Invitations & Paper

Poems to use to ask Bridesmaids and MOH to be in the wedding....

Sooooooo I just got engaged on Tuesday, August 24!!!!! Although we have already picked a date and some major details (prior to the engagement- we have been together for 4 years), I still need to formally ask my bridesmaids and MOH to be in the wedding. I wanted to put together a little themed card that asks them in a poetic fashion. Trouble is, I am NOT a poet in any way, shape or form. Any suggestions out there? We are getting married in the fall so I intend on creating these cards in a harvest/fall fashion to match the weddings theme. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
The Future Mrs. Crain Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Poems to use to ask Bridesmaids and MOH to be in the wedding....

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited August 2010
    My opinion - just ask them.  I've always though anything more than just a verbal request is a little precious.

Many people's opinion - you are not getting married for another 14 1/2 months.  This is waaaay too early to be picking a bridal party.  Read some posts on the WP and M&M board and you'll see why.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • If you're not a very poetic person, a poem isn't exactly an authentic, genuine, and heartfelt way to ask them.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_poems-use-ask-bridesmaids-moh-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:b6ab99d9-6487-461d-99e9-3de369ddd7baPost:d1d6a828-b127-4280-ad3a-664ceed91d8e">Re: Poems to use to ask Bridesmaids and MOH to be in the wedding....</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>My opinion - just ask them</strong>.  I've always though anything more than just a verbal request is a little precious. <strong>Many people's opinion - you are not getting married for another 14 1/2 months.  This is waaaay too early to be picking a bridal party.</strong>  Read some posts on the WP and M&M board and you'll see why.
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

This.
  • I may not be able to write a poem, but I am quite crafty so this is why I chose to formally ask my bridal party in this fashion. The women that I am asking to be in this wedding are women I have known for 10+ years and half of them are family. The selections won't be changing. Thank you all for your positive feedback. 
  • thought you could use an actual suggestion. while it's not a poem, I thought it was a cute way to ask.
    "you've been such a wonderful friend and an important part of my life.. will you do me the honor of being my...."
    hope that helps
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ok, I think you should wait until around your ten month mark to ask them, because this is way to early. Secondly, I used poems to ask my bridesmaids and it was a big pain in the butt because of scheduling issues. But, if you decide to use a poem anyway....try google. I googled poems to get ideas and then wrote my own around it! I did something like: On June fifth, I will be a bride, and it would mean so much to have you by my side....would you be my bridesmaid/moh/etc...
  • Thank you to the ladies who have been so helpful! 
  • It is too early to ask... however to answer your question :op

The day, The dress
    The Bride, The Groom
    The joy and tears will all come soon

Confessing true love to my husband-to-be
    with family and friends all watching me.
    Pray the sun will be shining down
    and that I will fit into my gown

Now there is just one more thing that is left to be
    and that is to have you standing with me...

Will you be a bridesmaid, ___________?

image 291 Invited
    image 140 Ready to Party image 14 Fail image137 testing my patience
    RSVP Date: April 30
  • Babycakes- that is awesome! Thank you! I can definitely work with something along those lines. I won't be asking them quite yet, but I do want to get supplies and plan ahead. I am starting my student teaching this fall so my life as I know it is over. That's why I am being so "type A" about getting things done sooner than later. If I have the supplies on hand and ready to go, it will make it easy for me to make them when I find a free moment. I'm just a planner...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards