Washington-Seattle
Options

Friday Rant & Rave

And..................................... GO!
OMH est. May 7, 2011
Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!

Re: Friday Rant & Rave

• Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  There are not enough hours in the day!  It seems like all my spare time is spent doing WR stuff.  I can't wait to chill-ax on a beach in Maui in 17 days!

Rave:  I'm getting hitched in 2 weeks + 1 day!  I CANNOT wait!  We have the marriage license all ready, my e- and wedding band is back and all engraved and awesome, and my dress is all ready. 
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant:  I knew this was coming but . . . WHAT IS WITH PEOPLE NOT RSVPING BY THE RSVP DATE?!?!  They had 4 weeks to send a pre-addressed, postage paid envelope and still couldn't manage it.  One of them is a friend who is getting married this Fall...rude.

Rave:  Finished my BM necklaces and earrings!  They look so good...if I do say so myself!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    NarginiaNarginia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nbrodie - lets see pics!

Rant: Same as you NBrodie! We have just a few more days for RSVP's to roll in and most of them are from family who haven't responded! I know it's not the "polite" thing to do but I'll be contacting them on the cut off date so I dont end up short on food from the caterer... I worry about not having enough as it is because I worry!

Rave: I am ordering a custom guest book full of our photos and places for peope to sign ( of course) from Shutterfly and I can't wait for it to get here.

Extra Rave: I always love a good Friday!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mgoss228mgoss228 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    nbrodie & Narginia:  I had about 20 guests just straight up NOT send in their postage paid RSVPs.  Most of them were family, 1 of my friends and about 4 of FI's friends.  I've decided that since they couldn't bother to use the stamp I provided them and drop the envelope in the mail.... they WILL NOT be on our X-mas/Holiday card mailing list Tongue out  And that made me feel better!  But I'm still excited to see them at the wedding, it just sucks that they don't consider formal RSVPing necessary.

Feel free to start contacting on the RSVP deadline date, totally OK imo!  I had my mom, FMIL and FI (and me for the 1 friend) start calling/emailing all the 20 slackers on the deadline day.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Rant #1 Work...need I say more?
    Rant # 2 Still having difficulty getting in touch with the church wedding corrdinator.

Rave #1 Started printing all the pieces of our invitation last night!  They are turning out really well.
    Rave # 2 Trial for hair and makeup tomorrow!
    Rave #3 100 days to go until I marry the love of my life!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely will be contacting them!!  I have about 2 weeks to get the final count to the venue.  Weird - the friend who's getting married just texted me because she lost the invite.  Shows you why I decided to go simple and spend tons of money on the invites...

And here's a pic of the necklace and earrings!  I'm so proud!  Swarovski pearls and Swarovski beads.  FireMountainGems.com have very reasonable prices.  Can't tell very well, but clasp is in the shape of a heart.  :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oops.  and NOT spend tons of money on the invites...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @ nbrodie I love the necklace and earrings!  I'm thinking of doing a crystal and blue necklace and giving my WP females off white fresh water pearl and crystal necklaces.  Will be checking out the website you posted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards