South Asian Weddings
Options

Wedding Invitations

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been on knot for months now, and I see so many new people.  Very exciting!!.  FI and I are really close to booking our venues, but they only book 9 months before the event so I can't book for my reception till closer to the summer next year,  Kind of stressed out about that.  But I have started looking at wedding invitations, and what I wanted to do was to combine everything in one invitations, for the mehndi/mayon, wedding and reception.  So I have been wondering how did you ladies did your invitations for your wedding or planning on doing?

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Invitations

• Options
    The venue is the most stressful part!  But you're almost there, and if they don't actually book until 9 months in advance, you shouldn't have to worry about not getting your first choice.

Invitations:

I had the following events:  in India, 1 ceremony, 3 receptions, the mehndi, a pooja, and two other parties.  In the US, we had the wedding, the rehearsal dinner, and a lunch the day after.

Both in India and the US, we could not send out one invitation, since different people were invited in each case.  If you are actually inviting the same set of people to everything, then I don't see anything wrong with sending one invitation.  One potential problem I can think of is keeping track of RSVPs.  If people are coming from OOT, they may attend some but not all the events (i.e., I think the mayon is usually first, and might be several days before the reception).

My ILs handled the Indian invitations (mostly), so all I know is that my parents were offended that they were invited to only one event!  I think there were probably only paper invitations to the receptions, and the rest were verbal invites.

Because of the cost and work involved with mailing out real invitations in the US, we only sent them for the wedding.  We sent evites for the other two events.  It worked out fine.

One of my friends had multiple cards printed (wedding, reception, mehndi, sangeet) and then put them in one envelope according to which events that person was invited to.
  • Options
    For mehndi and the wedding, there are definitely the same people, but for the reception is a little less.  I was thinking like little cards on the side pocket so include it in the ones they are invited to the reception. 
    It sounds way better in my head than here.  lol.
  • Options
    You can get a folder either made or buy a pocket folder and place all your invites in it.
    Like this:
    http://www.3beespaperie.com/custom1.htm
    http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/envelopes/enclosures.html

What we will probably do is print X number for wedding/reception and a different number for the other events depending on the number of invitees.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards