Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good morning, ladies!

Re: Good morning, ladies!

• I swear if I see one more FB post about CFA day tomorrow, I'm gonna take a hot poker to my eyes.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• We're going to Columbus in August for a Crew game, one of our awesome surprise wedding gifts!

I like fall but spring is my favorite. I really like the change in seasons even though I despise being cold but I still couldn't live somewhere without all 4 seasons.
  • Morning! 

Are we talking seasons and vacays? Fall is my favorite because of football and because jeans with a hoodie is one of my favorite 'outfits'. I didn't go on any vacations this summer but In September a couple girlfriends and me are going to Savannah for the weekend so I'm pretty excited about that. 
  • bay what part of the cape are you going to?  If you are anywhere Harwich you need to get a meltaway (actually two...one for you and one for me!)
  • All this talk of Fall weather is making me sort of envious. Especially since I'm planting a second batch of Summer crops this weekend. It will still be hot enough to grow corn, etc well into September/October, when I plant the Fall crops.

Crops sound like I have a farm, so maybe I'll use "plant my garden" from now on.

Finals are next week for me. I can't wait for my break.

I need coffee.

I've been thinking about you Eagles!  I've just been sending well wishes for a beautiful wedding day.
  • I hear that's a fun one Cfas. My trainer in Williamsburg usually runs it. 

Happy 3 days before your wedding Pheags!!!!
  • baystateapplebaystateapple member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Hockey I think it's going to be two days in Falmouth, one day in Boston.  Mini-vacation, but a big one's just not feasible right now.

ETA: YES!  Bring on the football!  I'm really excited for this season.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Hugs Hockey, and good thoughts to your mom! 

Morning ladies, July has been a delightfully fun month, not to mention that marriage thing I did over the 4th.  August should be a lot more laid back.  My daughter graduates college on Friday, Aug 3, YAY, one down, one to go.

• Chick Fil A day

• cfas, that race sounds like fun. 

Oh Eagles, you are so almost there!

I love Fall, it is not as pretty here in Western NY as it was in NEPA (NY is soooo flat where I am). 

Bay, you sound like you have a fun August.
  • Morning!  Mama got a new phone yesterday, and it's pretty sweet.  Now I have to find a case that will fit it.  I love my built ny one, but I don't think they make one big enough.  One of the supervisors gave me a hug this morning and said she's so happy for me that I'm going back to school.  It almost made me tear up a little.

Eags, you tell that bridesmaid that I said to leave you alone.  Do you have any more wedding stuff to do or are you all set?
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:0c47410d-d93e-431e-b3a0-1bd9eee4636b">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hugs Hockey, and good thoughts to your mom!  Morning ladies, July has been a delightfully fun month, not to mention that marriage thing I did over the 4th.  August should be a lot more laid back.  My daughter graduates college on Friday, Aug 3, YAY, one down, one to go.
    Posted by ski2play[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Congratulations, Ski!</div>
  • Why is tomorrow CFA day?

• Eagles, do we need to straighten out some maidzillas for you?  ;-)

• Good morning!

July has been a busy month, but I guess I have to say it's been a good one since we got our house while it was still July.

But the heat can suck it. I keep on having Braxton-Hicks contractions because I'm doing so much to get ready for the move and it's so effing hot.

The next  couple of weeks in August need to really take their time, but once school starts, I'd love for it to fly by so that it'll be September.

I love "fall" because the weather is tolerable. I put quotes around fall because Houston doesn't get much of a fall.

Eags---3 days! Yay!

MrsB - I am over the CFA talk too.

Hockey - Good thoughts for your mom.
  • Nathan needs to stay put until he's done baking.  Hope the heat breaks soon, Jess.

Eagles, I'm with B.  Whatever drama your bridesmaids have, they can hold it until after this weekend.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

• maidzilla, ha ha, I am twelve.

• Bay, I agree! I am trying to drink as much water as I can to help, but they keep making me nervous.

I'm hoping that once we're done moving it'll calm down.

I really don't know how I'm going to go back to work. Work = gross.
  • Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    CFA appreciation day.

It's an unofficial "stand up for CFA by eating there on August 1" thing.  

• Morning everyone.  July has felt long.  I am ready for September to be here so it wont be hot as balls outside.

I thought I packed super lightly and then I picked my duffle bag up and it weighs a million pounds.  It was super fun trekking to the metro this morning, and I'm so not looking forward to trekking from work to Union Station later for my train.  At least I got kitty snuggles all night- we watched the olympics until I fell asleep. 

We are having a pizza party at work today.  I hope it is from the pizza place down the street that is rumored to be the best pizza in this neighborhood. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:0a0288c8-9cfd-412d-83aa-799b9b716459">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! July has been a busy month, but I guess I have to say it's been a good one since we got our house while it was still July. But the heat can suck it. I keep on having Braxton-Hicks contractions because I'm doing so much to get ready for the move and it's so effing hot. The next  couple of weeks in August need to really take their time, but once school starts, I'd love for it to fly by so that it'll be September. I love "fall" because the weather is tolerable. I put quotes around fall because Houston doesn't get much of a fall. Eags---3 days! Yay! MrsB - I am over the CFA talk too. Hockey - Good thoughts for your mom.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This is going to sound weird, but is there anything I can do to help with the move?  I ask because I had to move at about the same time in my first pregnancy that you are. I remember it vividly.  It sucked.  Anyway, I'm in Katy and FI is a cop, so I'm not some psycho, or anything.  If you need anything, just PM me. I'll do what I can to help.  Meanwhile, just keep drinking water...lots of water. Fruit is good too. /mothering mode</div>
  • CFA Day - Clicky

CNs: August 1 is being declared CFA Appreciation Day by Mike Huckabee because he feels the crazy petition against CFA is too much.
  • I think it's funny that he thinks CFA is being smeared by intolerant bigotry.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:3e03652e-ef4b-456f-81d0-3ccbebc90012">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, ladies! : This is going to sound weird, but is there anything I can do to help with the move?  I ask because I had to move at about the same time in my first pregnancy that you are. I remember it vividly.  It sucked.  Anyway, I'm in Katy and FI is a cop, so I'm not some psycho, or anything.  If you need anything, just PM me. I'll do what I can to help.  Meanwhile, just keep drinking water...lots of water. Fruit is good too. /mothering mode
    Posted by Lizzieyounce[/QUOTE]

Lizzy, you are too sweet! Thankfully, we both have large families, and they live here in the area, so we're all set. I just have trouble stepping back, because I'm typically the one with initiative and I like to do things myself.

Last night we were at the new house setting things up and I cut the shelf liner while everyone else was doing other stuff, and nobody cared that I spent the majority of the time sitting in a chair. I cared, but nobody else did. :)
  • I've just decided, after some research, that I'm going to hit the Bobbi Brown counter at Macy's this weekend. Judging from the website, the colors will be nice and kicking (yet age appropriate) and the pricing isn't that bad.  I'm going to call and make an appointment today.

Thanks for all of your suggestions last night, ladies.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-ladies-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a371e1dd-bce7-453c-a2ca-1e4a17219377Post:7b127891-c464-436c-a8b1-4608777f1cdf">Re: Good morning, ladies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning, ladies! : Lizzy, you are too sweet! Thankfully, we both have large families, and they live here in the area, so we're all set. I just have trouble stepping back, because I'm typically the one with initiative and I like to do things myself. Last night we were at the new house setting things up and I cut the shelf liner while everyone else was doing other stuff, and nobody cared that I spent the majority of the time sitting in a chair. I cared, but nobody else did. :)
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>I had trouble stepping back too. I still do, actually ;) And no one did care that you sat most of the time. My parents and friends didn't either... I can't cut shelf liner..it always comes out wrong.</div>
  • Mm... just came back from having a nice break with raspberry muffin and sun. Wee!

I see a ridiculous amount of rainbows here. It has a tendency to rain heavily in one spot and be sonny in another.

Eags, I could crash your wedding and take over your annoying bridesmaid spot. Just sayin.
  • Cutting shelf liner seems to be a job I usually end up with when I've helped friends move, so I think I have like, a talent for it or something.

What a useful talent! ;)
  • Button, I hate you a little for mentioning pizza. Despite the fact that I had pizza last night, I'm craving pizza.

It'll probably be for lunch or dinner today.
  • Did you get your Dominos, Jess? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards