Ohio-Toledo

*cschuma2*

I noticed in your married bio you said that you did pics before the ceremony. I am planning on doing this as well, but I was wondering how did you handle bustling the train. I have a pretty long one and I don't want to ruin it before the ceremony, but I would like some with it down and some with it up.

Re: *cschuma2*

• cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't bustle my train until we got to the reception hall. I just had people help me carry my dress while we were doing photos. 

Are you worried about it getting wrinkles if you bustle it early?  I know for sure that Target (and probably other places) sell steamers that you can use at home.  Maybe you can purchase or borrow one.  I borrowed one from a friend and used it to help my dress which had been in the bag for a few days and it was easy to use.

Also, I think it's a great idea that you are doing a picture of your bustle first.  Someone stepped on my dress while we were doing the receiving line and left a muddy foot print.  It wasn't even a big deal at the time, but it did affect pictures from the reception.  The only decent bustle pictures I have are B & W because the muddy shoe print is less obvious.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Some other food for thought is do you want to wear your wedding ring in the pictures before the ceremony?  We wanted to.  So we sported our new fancy rings for the afternoon and then gave them back to the GM holding them right before the ceremony.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards